Note - Click → Shahpur for details of similarly named villages at other places.
Shahpur (शाहपुर) is a city and tahsil located in Sargodha District, the west of Punjab province, Pakistan. It lies on the Jhelum River. Its old name was Rampur and it had a majority Hindu population until the 17th century. The name changed after the arrival of a Sufi saint Shah Shams Sherazi from Delhi.
In 1893, during the British Raj, Shahpur District of was created with Shahpur as the district headquarters. In 1914 the district headquarters were moved from Shahpur to Sargodha, although the district continued to be known as Shahpur.
Back to Pakistan