|Author:Laxman Burdak, IFS (R)|
Course of Tista River
Teesta River (or Tista River) is a 315 km long river that rises in the eastern Himalayas, flows through the Indian states of West Bengal and Sikkim through Bangladesh and enters the Bay of Bengal. It forms the border between Sikkim and West Bengal. In India, it flows through the cities of Rangpo, Kalimpong, Jalpaiguri and Mekhliganj. It joins the Jamuna River at Fulchhari in Bangladesh.
- Trishna River (तृष्णा) (AS, p.410)
- Tistha/Tistha River (तिष्ठा) = Trishna तृष्णा (AS, p.405)
- Teesta River/Tista River/Tista
तिष्ठा - तृष्णा
- Mullick, M. R. A.; Babel, M. S.; Perret, S. R. (2011). "Discharge‐based economic valuation of irrigation water: Evidence from the Teesta River, Bangladesh" (PDF). Irrigation and Drainage. 60 (4): 481−492. doi:10.1002/ird.597.
- Aitihasik Sthanavali by Vijayendra Kumar Mathur, p.410