How to Guard yourself against Severe Winter

drrajpalsingh

Since winter has started to show its colours, it is time to know what precautions are required to falling prey to cold conditions and sickness.

In addition to keeping the body temperature in control by using warm clothing, some control on diet habits are advised to be adhered to in winter season.

Different sections of the society have to face the vagueries of the season differently. So come up with your shared experiences and what precautions do you suggest on the issue.

Kindly share your views on the issue so that all could be sharers for their usefulness.

Since winter has started to show its colours, it is time to know what precautions are required to falling prey to cold conditions and sickness.

In addition to keeping the body temperature in control by using warm clothing, some control on diet habits are advised to be adhered to in winter season.

Different sections of the society have to face the vagueries of the season differently. So come up with your shared experiences and what precautions do you suggest on the issue.

Kindly share your views on the issue so that all could be sharers for their usefulness.

1. Hot milk with "Gud" before going to bed
OR
2. small peg of whiskey late in the evening

I am a great fan of both the above.

RK^2

Gud with hot milk is a classic favourite.

The below 2 options have always helped me in cold and cough:

1.Ginger Water: Coarsely pound ginger is boiled in a cup of water till the water reduces to half the original volume, add some honey and drink hot at bedtime.
2.Tulsi & Ginger with Honey: Mix Tulsi in a grinder with some ginger and serve the paste with equal amount of honey. Mix warm water and sip it in. This can be taken anytime.

१. बाजरे की रोटी, कढी या गुड के साथ।
२. मूफली

Gud with hot milk is a classic favourite.

The below 2 options have always helped me in cold and cough:

1.Ginger Water: Coarsely pound ginger is boiled in a cup of water till the water reduces to half the original volume, add some honey and drink hot at bedtime.
2.Tulsi & Ginger with Honey: Mix Tulsi in a grinder with some ginger and serve the paste with equal amount of honey. Mix warm water and sip it in. This can be taken anytime.

Wah kitna sada aur achha tarika uplabdh karya hai, dhanyavad !!!

For me it is like,

from head to toe order.......

warm scarf around head and neck, winter cap over it
woolen gloves untill I reach to my locker at work place
pullover/sweater, over it comes warm jacket....if required, then one more sweater inside the jacket
body warmer leggings, woolen socks, to cover it are closed bellies/women shoes (not sporty

:cool:That much is sufficient for me if I have to move out for work in NCR Delhi and rest I do not have to change like food or water type or ice-creams,etc.

This time I will be at home, to ab to thand se darr gayi......did online shopping for muffler, shawl as well. Office jaate hain to thand thodi kam lagti hai :cool:

Take Vanilla Ice cream Cup in one hand and One large XXX Rum Peg in Warm water in another hand. Eat and drink very slowly from each hand with song ' La ke teen peg baliye' in background with expressions like Mr Bean on the face. This process should and must be followed with 20-30 minutes as they are the last moments of your youth, I can guarantee that no one ( gender free, age free) can still feel any winter/cold , if they do , then they should report me to the nearest police station.

Sabse badiya ye h ki gadi me ek RUM ki bottle aur namkeen rakho. Office se nikalte he 1 peg maar lo.

Thand bhi ni lagegi aur mosam bhi suhana lagega.

Take Vanilla Ice cream Cup in one hand and One large XXX Rum Peg in Warm water in another hand. Eat and drink very slowly from each hand with song ' La ke teen peg baliye' in background with expressions like Mr Bean on the face. This process should and must be followed with 20-30 minutes as they are the last moments of your youth, I can guarantee that no one ( gender free, age free) can still feel any winter/cold , if they do , then they should report me to the nearest police station.

Bhai sardi me Beri k Bhagwan Das Halwai ka Gazar-pak bhi bot fayda kara kre sardi me....:)

Sham ne 2-3 piece gazar-pak aur doodh...alag e maza hai.

Kyun, police station mein kaunsi angithi jalaye rahte ho bhai?........... But I liked the suggestion , rest is subject to their own risk............hehehehe