Chaudhary Babulal (Nohwar) is the incumbent Member of Parliament of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) from Fatehpur Sikri (Lok Sabha constituency), Agra. He is one of prominent Jat leader of Western Uttar Pradesh and represent as a MP (BJP) in 16th Lok Sabha.
He basically belongs to village Panwari of Agra district.
Chaudhary Babulal Ji was born on 2 July, 1948 in a small village of Panwari, of Achhnera block of the Agra district. His father Shri Raghunath Singh was a farmer and mother Kiran Devi, a house wife. His early education was done at Raja Balwant Singh (RBS) College, Agra till Intermediate (12th) level. He was married to Mahaviri Devi and they have five sons and one daughter. The elder most son, Rameshwar Chaudhary Singh, has twice contested in the Lok Sabha elections; for Agra in 1998 and then Mathura in 1999. He placed second in both elections with 1.90 lakh and 2 lakh votes respectively. He now runs ancestral agriculture and two degree colleges.
Chaudhary Babulal Ji is presently member of 16th Lok Sabha as MP to the constituency of Fatehpur Sikri, Agra. Earlier, he had successfully been selected for two occasions as MLA to Legislative Assembly Elections of UP Government.
Brief Bio data
- Constituency : Fatehpur Sikri (Uttar Pradesh )
- Party Name : Bharatiya Janata Party(BJP)
- Email Address : babulal[DOT]mp[AT]sansad[DOT]nic[DOT]in
- Father's Name : Late Shri Raghunath Singh
- Mother's Name : Late Smt. Kiran Devi
- Date of Birth : 02 Jul 1948
- Place of Birth : Vill. Panwari, Distt. Agra (Uttar Pradesh)
- Marital Status : Married
- Date of Marriage : 20 May 1974
- Spouse's Name : Smt. Mahabiri Devi
- No. of Sons : 5
- No. of Daughters : 1
- Educational Qualifications : Intermediate (R.B. S. Inter College, Agra)
- Profession : Agriculturist, Businessperson
- 11 M.I.G., Jaipur House, Agra-282001, Uttar Pradesh. Mobile- 09412750044 (M)
- 155-157, North Avenue, New Delhi-110 001
- 1977 - Member, District Panchayat, Agra
- 1980 - Block Head, Achchnera, Agra, Uttar Pradesh
- 1996 - 2007 - Member, Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly (two terms)
- 2002 - 2007 - Minister (Independent Charge), Govt. of Uttar Pradesh.
- May, 2014 - Elected to 16th Lok Sabha
- 1 Sep. 2014 onwards Member, Standing Committee on Food, Consumer Affairs and Public Distribution; Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Defence.
- Social And Cultural Activities - Took part in the agitations and went to jail a number of times for social causes
- Special Interests - Social Service
- Favourite Pastime and Recreation - Visiting religious places and places of tourist importance
- Sports and Clubs - Kabaddi and Wrestling
- Other Information - Director, Cooperative Bank, Agra, 1986
Back to The Leaders