- For village of this name see Saamikhera
According to H. W. BellewThe Shitak tribe is said to descend from one Shah Afrid; a circumstance which seems to indicate some hazy connection with the Afridi, who also are said to descend from one Afrid. The Shitak inhabit the Banu subdivision of the Banu district, and are now-a-days more commonly known as Banuchi. They are in three main divisions, viz. : Kevi, Surani, and Sami.
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. स-239
- O.S.Tugania:Jat Samuday ke Pramukh Adhar Bindu,p.62,s.n. 2439
- An Inquiry Into the Ethnography of Afghanistan By H. W. Bellew, 1891, p.123,185
- An Inquiry Into the Ethnography of Afghanistan,p.110-11
Back to Jat Gotras