- Rajasthani Language online Web Dictionary has been prepared by me in consultation with my wife Gomati Burdak. She has been instrument for providing the exact words of Rajasthani Language and their pronunciations. Nidhi Jethoo from Jaipur also contributed large number of words.
Help tools for Rajasthani language
- The hindi verson was inserted with the help of Hindi software of wikipedia.org. Any hindi article on wikipedia.org editing windo provides a floating hindi key board on which words were constructed and copied into this page. Lrburdak 06:01, 30 March 2006 (EST)
- A simple technique to insert an equivalent hindi word to a Romanized Rajasthani word is to type and copy from Devnagari Editor or learn from here
- Tips for pronunciation of Rajasthani words are: a (अ ) as a in “America’, ā (आ) as a in “father”; i (इ) as i in “ill”, ī (ई) as ee in “eel”; u (उ) as u in “full”, ū (ऊ) as oo in “fool”; ṇ as nna (ण), ḷ as lla (ळ), ṅ as nga (ङ), ñ as nya (ञ), ś as sha (श), ṣ as ssa (ष), ḍ as dda (ड़)
The Rajasthani language on Jatland has attracted attention of the Johns Hopkins University Massachusetts Avenue, and has appreciated the efforts. He searched my E-mail some where from Internet and mailed me. I am reproducing his E-mail as under:
- “Namaste Laxman Ji, I saw your work on Wiki and it's very nice. Though some entries need to be edited for linguistic purpose. Keep it up. Rightnow I am busy in Rajasthani grammar. bhot bhot ram ram, Lakhan Gusain, Ph.D., Coordinator and Professorial Lecturer, South Asian Languages Program, The Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS), The Johns Hopkins University , 1619 Massachusetts Avenue, NW#304 Washington, D.C. 20036-2213” --Lrburdak 03:44, 13 August 2006 (EDT)
On Rajasthan webpage
Here is a webpage from Rajasthan which has adopted the Rajasthani dictionary from Jatland as such. I came to know about it while searching a Rajasthani word in Devanagari script.
More members are requested to enhance the dictionaries. Lrburdak 00:23, 18 October 2006 (EDT)