After the first War of Indian Independence (1857), the Janghu Jats from Bhaloth village in the disstrict Jhunjhunu first migrated to village Khorara (presently in Jhajhar District) and out of them a few families settled near a mound, presently forming the southern part of the the village agricultural lands. A few families belonging to Sangwan gotra from neighbouring village Atela Kalan lived near a pond (Amrana Johar), near the site of present village in northern side. In the aftermath of the 1857 events the Raja of Jind was assigned the territories previously held by the Nawab of Dadri. Later it began to be called Dadri Tehsil of the Jind District.
The village derives its name from the invitation (Bulana) extended to the people by a ruler to settle at the present site. According to elders of the village especially from Smt. Phushi Devi wife of Chaudhary Dile Ram Janghu, who started to reside here in 1870's the incident is said to have occurred as follows. After a few years (about 1865 or so) for the land settlement of the region, the ruler of the then Native State of Jind is said to have visited this area. On his initiation, the headmen of both the Khordia and Atelia families got together and agreed to settle. . at the present site after the issue of their possession of cultivable land and habitation site had been settled. the same was done by earmarking a dividing line starting from east to west; thus Atelia mohalla or panna on the northern side and Khordia mohalla or Panna came to be settled in south of this area. This division in two parts of the village remains even today.
In this village, there are two major Jat Gotras: Janghu and Sangwan. They are said to have first settled at this place. The Janghus' ancestors had migrated from Khorara village and are also known as Bhalothia and Khordia in local parlance. The Sangwans came here from neighbouring Atela Kalan and they are called Atelias in the local dialect. On the basis of this, the land of the village both agricultural and residential had been demarked into two parts. the dividing line has been marked from East to West and divides the village in two 'pannas' or Mohallas i.e. Khordias in the Southern part and Atelias in the Northern part. Subsequently a few people belonging to other gotras also settled here in both the pannas/mohallas.
Development over the years
The first Primary School was opened here on the exhortations of Nihal Singh Takshak who, on behalf of Birla Education Trust, Pilani, formed a committee of the villagers comprising Shri Chand, Harnarain Suhag, Uddal Numberdar, Darya Singh etc for this task. They took up the task with all seriousness, collected donations and got constructed the building. The school has been upgraded to Govt. Middle School recently. The village has a sub Post Office, a primary health centre, a Panchyat Bhawan in addition to having two Dharamsalas and a few temples. The village has a tradition of significantly contributing to the recruitment to Defence forces, para military forces, Police and there are several ex-servicemen and presently serving personnel belonging to this village. Of late, with the advancement of education several persons from this village have risen to the positions of teachers, headmasters, and other positions in higher educational institutions. Shri Rajpal Singh Beniwal and Shri Raghubir Singh Janghu, Ishwar Singh Janghu, Dharampal Mehla have recently retired from government service as Headmasters. Likewise, several other persons are serving in the Government, semi-government and other organizations and institutions including some in MNCs. In addition to following agricultural pursuits, some people are engaged in trade and transport business as well. The agricultural lands are irrigated with waters from Tube Wells and seasonal availability for some cultivated area of the village from the canal water from Loharu Lift Irrigation Scheme. The labouring class works at the nearby hillock of the village which is a part of Aravali Hill range located at about two kilometers east from the site of the village.
- Shri Rajpal Singh Beniwal, Retd. Headmaster, among the few highly qualified persons of his time.
- Deshram Jamadar (a subedar level post in British rule) was the very notable person from this Village. 4 out of 7 grandsons are working with Indian army and 2 are engineers, one doing MBBS.
- Engineer Mukendra Singh Janghu (B.Tech, M.Tech (2nd year) from France) working for France Telecom as a Senior Consultant in Paris, France.
- Engineer Narmender Janghu (B.tech MDU) currently working with Google India based in Gurgaon location.
- Ravi Janghu Grandson of Deshram Jmadar is first MBBS from the village, cracked in very first attempt in 2015 and he joined AFMC.
- Col. Randhir Singh Janghu presently serving at Sainik Rest House, Charkhi Dadri after retirement from Indian Army.
- Dr Raj Pal Singh Janghu- Academician and author
- Dr. Jagdish Kumar Suhag, Associate Professor Education and former Secretary, Haryana Board of School Education.
- Dr. Gayatri Singh, Author
- Laxmi Devi of this village belonging to Rangi Gotra was married with Seth Chhaju Ram Lamba of Alakhpura in 1899.
Back to Jat Villages