Dovar (डोवर)/ Davar (डावर)Dawar (दावर) Dowar दोवर is gotra of Jats. Dovar clan is in Uttar Pradesh.  Dawar (डावर)/Dawari/ Dauri (डावरी) clan is found in Afghanistan. Dauri (दौरी) Dawari (दावरी). — Living on the fertile alluvium of the Tochi valley in Northern Waziristan.
H. W. Bellew writes that The Dawari apparently gave their name to the Zamin Dawar district, or " Dawar territory," on the west bank of the Helmand adjoining Darawat, but are not now found as a separate tribe of that name in this district, though its inhabitants are often called Dawari amongst the people of the country. There is another district called Dawar on the Lidus base of the Suleman range, which was probably peopled from the Zamin Dawar above mentioned...
Distribution in Uttar Pradesh
- Rai of Daur, who was the head of all the Rais of Hindustan. See The history of India : as told by its own historians. Volume II/IV. Jamiu-l Hikayat of Muhammad Ufi, p.165, by Sir H. M. Elliot Edited by John Dowson, 1867
- O.S.Tugania:Jat Samuday ke Pramukh Adhar Bindu,p.41,s.n. 1038
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. द-14
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. द-15
- O.S.Tugania:Jat Samuday ke Pramukh Adhar Bindu,p.45,s.n. 1274
- Jat History Thakur Deshraj/Chapter VIII,s.n. 138,p-585
- An Inquiry Into the Ethnography of Afghanistan, H. W. Bellew, p.54,109
- A glossary of the Tribes and Castes of the Punjab and North-West Frontier Province By H.A. Rose Vol II/D, p.225
- Mahendra Singh Arya et al: Adhunik Jat Itihas, p. 250
- An Inquiry Into the Ethnography of Afghanistan, H. W. Bellew, p.54
Back to Jat Gotras