Villages in Phillaur tahsil
Achan Chak, Adekali, Ajtani, Akalpur, Anihar, Apra, Ashaur, Atta, Atti, Aujla, Aujla, Bachhowal, Bainapur, Bajar, Bakapur, Bansian, Bansian, Bara Pind, Bath, Batura, Begampur, Bhadarpur, Bhaini, Bhallowal, Bhandal Buta, Bhandal Himmat, Bhandal Sahib Rai, Bhangala, Bhar Singhpur, Bhardwaji, Bharuwal, Bhattian, Bhoda, Bhullar, Bhundri, Bilga, Bir Bansian, Bir Ganna Pind, Bir Jaitowal, Bir Phillaur, Birk, Bundala, Buraj Hassan, Burj Kaila, Burj Pukhta, Chachrari, Chak Desraj, Chak Dhotran, Chak Sahbu, Cheema Kalan, Cheema Kalan, Cheema Khurd, Cheema Khurd, Chhaula, Chhokran, Cholang, Chuheki, Daduwal, Dalewal, Dalla, Danduwal, Darapur, Dhanda, Dhandwar, Dhanipind, Dhesian Kahna, Dhesian Sang, Dhindsa, Dhinpur, Dholeta, Dialpur, Dosanjh Kalan, Dosanjh Khurd, Fatehgarh Lakha, Fatehgarh Nihal, Fatehpur, Gadra, Gag Alias Dhagara, Ganna Pind, Garha, Garhi Mahansingh, Ghurka, Giddarpindi, Gohawar, Goraya (NP), Gulamgarh, Gumtala, Gumtali, Gura, Gursian Nihal, Gursian Piran, Hardo Sangha, Hardo Sheikh, Haripur, Indna Kalaske, Jago Sangha, Jaitowal, Jaja Kalan, Jaja Khurd, Jajo Mazara, Jand, Jandiala (NP), Jhungian Mahansingh, Johal, Kala, Kandola Kalan, Kandola Khurd, Kang Araian, Kang Jagir, Kangniwal, Kariana, Kat Palon, Katana, Khaira, Khanpur, Khela, Khojpur, Khokhewal, Kot Badal Khan, Kot Garewal, Kotli Khakhian, Kutbewal, Ladhar Kalan, Ladhar Khurd, Ladian, Lakhanpal, Lalian, Landara, Langrian, Lasara, Lehal, Lohgarh, Machhiana, Mahal, Mainwal, Mandi, Mansurpur, Masani, Matfallu, Mathadda Khurd, Mau, Mawai, Mehsampur, Miranpur, Mithra, Moron, Muthadda Kalan, Muzara, Nagar, Nagra, Nahal, Nangal, Nanu Mazara, Nat, Nathewal, Nawan Pind Naicha, Nurewal, Nurmahal (M Cl), Pabwan, Paddi Jagir, Paddi Khalsa, Pal Qadiam, Palnau, Pandori Jagir, Pandori Musharkati, Panj Dhera, Partappura, Pasla, Pasli, Pawahri, Phalpota, Pharwala, Phillaur, Phillaur (M Cl), Phillaur Qilla, Powadra, Qadian, Raipur Araian, Raipur Sagnewal, Rajauri, Rajgomal, Rajowal, Rajpur, Ramewal, Ramgarh, Rampur, Randhawa, Ranwan, Rara, Rasulpur, Rupowal, Rurka Kalan, Rurka Khurd, Rurki, Sadhara, Sagarpur, Saidowal, Saifabad, Salkiana, Samrai, Samrari, Sangatpur, Sangha Jagir, Sangha Khalsa, Sangowal, Sargundi, Sarhal Mundi, Sarhali, Shadipur, Shahpur, Shampur, Shamsabad, Sheikhupur, Sherpur, Sidhu Harisingh, Sidhu Mutsadi, Sultanpur, Sunar Kalan, Sunar Khurd, Sundar Tatar, Surja, Tagar, Takhan Muzara, Takhar, Talwan, Tehang, Thalla, Thammanwal, Turan, Umarpur, Uppal Bhupa, Uppal Jagir, Uppal Khalsa,
B.S._Dhillon writes that according to British Jullundur District and Kapurthala state Gazetteer-301, 1904, as well other references Hari Ram Gupta  wrote, "Tradition traces its (Phillaur) origin to a Jat named Phul who called it "Phul-nagar" or "Phul-city". (Semi-independent states of the British Punjab, such as Patiala and Nabha, were called "Phulkia States", after their founder, a Phul Jat).
However the Naru Rajputs, sent by Rai Shahr, occupied this town when Shahr's son Ratan Pal left Mau and settled in Phillaur.
During Sher Shah Suri times (1540-1545 A. D.), a Sarai (for trading and military purpose) was raised at Phillaur. The Sarai was again revived by Mughal Emperor Shahjahan (1627-1657 A. D.)and used as Postal Center (Dak ghar) and Military camp. After the Amritsar Treaty of 1809 between Maharaja Ranjit Singh and the British East India Company, it became the border post of the Lahore Empire of Maharaja Ranjit Singh. It was kept under Raja Dhanpat Rai who also acted as his munshi for the lands across the River Sutluj which fell in Ludhiana (made military cantonment by British in 1842.)The Sarai was converted into a fort as an outpost. Presently, the fort is called Maharaja Ranjit Singh Fort. It is now being used as Police Training Academy (PTA). The Finger Print Bureau (1892) in police academy is one of the oldest institution in the region.
- Chiefs of Philor, Sudha Singh and Kour Singh.
- B.S._Dhillon, History and study of the Jats/Chapter 7,p.105
- Gupta, H.R., editor, Panjab or Punjab on the eve of First Sikh War, Published by the Publication Bureau of the Punjab University, Chandigarh, Punjab, 1956, pp. 212, 295, 135, 266.