Ashok Chakra is an Indian military decoration awarded for valor, courageous action or self-sacrifice away from the battlefield. It is the peace time equivalent of the Param Vir Chakra, and is awarded for the "most conspicuous bravery or some daring or pre-eminent valour or self-sacrifice" other than in the face of the enemy. The decoration may be awarded either to military or civilian personnel and may be awarded posthumously. It replaced the British George Cross.
List of Jat Recipients
- Here is partial list of Jat Recipient of Ashok Chakra . You may add more.
- Lt Ram Prakash Roperia was awarded the highest gallantry award in peace ‘Ashoka Chakra' for his act of bravery in Operation Blue Star (1984).
- Major Rajiv Kumar Joon - Martyr in encounter with terrorists in Kashmir in 1995.
- Lt. Rakesh Singh - Martyr Kashmir valley- Ashoka Chakra (Posthumous), IC-51242 2/Lt. Rakesh Singh, 22 GDRS, 1993 
- Havaldar Rajesh kumar Dhochak - martyr kasmir valley- ASHOK CHAKRA BY PRESIDENT OF INDAI ON 26th JAN 2010 ( RESIDENT OF VILLAGE - LATH, DISTT. SONIPAT , HARYANA )
Back to Lists of Jatland