Karwa/ Kadwa/ Kadwa (कड़वा) Kadawa (कड़वा) Kadwal (कड़वाल) Kadwal (कदवाल) is a well known Jat caste in Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh. Jats of Karwasra, Karwa, Bhagasra and Dahiya gotras are considered as brothers and marriages are not allowed among each others.
- 1 Origin
- 2 In Mahabharata
- 3 History
- 4 Villages founded by Karwa clan
- 5 Distribution in Rajasthan
- 6 Distribution in Haryana
- 7 Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
- 8 Notable persons from this gotra
- 9 References
- पिशाचा थरथाश चैव पुण्ड्राः कुण्डी विषैः सह
- मडका कडकाश चैव तङ्गणाः परपङ्गणाः (VI.46.49)
Ram Sarup Joon writes that Karhwasra gotra gets name from their most prominent ruler Karhwa Rao or Karhwasra Rao.A rock inscription inscribed by his grandson was found in village Manglana in district of Maroth in Jodhpur princely state, in which they have been called as Dahiyas. It was inscribed in 1215 AD and has been referred to in the book 'Indians in the Cauvery' on pages 87 and 88.
Kinsariya inscriptions of Chachha Dahiya of 1056-57 SV. are reported in El, Vol. XII, pp. 56-57. He is mentioned as "Kulam Dahiyākam Jātam" and the inscriptions gives at least four generations of that prince.
The Kinsariya inscription of year 999 AD, in the temple of Kevay Goddess, at village Kinsaria (किनसरिया), in tahsil Parbatsar district Nagaur shows that Dahiyas have originated from Dadhichi Rishi. The chronology of the rulers of Dahiya clan is as under: • Dadhichi (दधिची) , • Vimal Raja (विमल राजा) , •Sivar (सिवर) , • Kulkhat (कुलखत) , • Atar (अतर) , • Ajayvah (अजयवाह) , • Vijayvah (विजयवाह), • Susal (सुसल) , • Shalivahan (शालिवाहन) , • Narwad (नरवाड़) , • Choohad (चूहड़) , • Deoraj (देवराज) , • Gunrang (गुणरंग) , • Kadavarao (कड़वाराव) , • Kirti Singh (कीर्ति सिंह) , • Bairi Singh (बैरी सिंह) , • Chachcha Rana (चच्चा राणा) .
Villages founded by Karwa clan
- Karwan Ki Dhani (कडवां की ढाणी) - village in Didwana tehsil of Nagaur district in Rajasthan.
- Palri Kadwan (पालड़ी कडवां) - village in Parbatsar tehsil of Nagaur district in Rajasthan.
- Karwo ka Bas (कङवो का बास) (Karwan Ka Bas) - village in Dudu tahsil in Jaipur district in Rajasthan.
Distribution in Rajasthan
Locations in Jaipur city
Lalkothi, Lavkush Nagar, Nirman Nagar,
Villages in Jaipur district
Villages in Churu district
Villages in Pali district
Villages in Nagaur district
Villages in Hanumangarh district
Villages in Chittorgarh district
Villages in Tonk district
Distribution in Haryana
Villages in Sirsa District
Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
Villages in Mandsaur district
Villages in Nimach district
Villages in Ratlam district
Villages in Ratlam district with population of Kadwa (कड़वा) gotra are:
Villages in Harda district
Notable persons from this gotra
- Late ch. Bheem Raj ji Karwa - Rajya Sabha M.P., 2 times
- Ch. Vinod Kumar Karwa - Now MLA from Hanumangarh) is the famous person from this Gotras.
- Late ch. Laxman Ram ji Karwa (1880-1950) is also a very good astrologist-cum-Jayotishi. Late Maharaja of Bikaner GANGASINGH share his turben with him.
- Surbhi Karwa - Scored 10th Rank in Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan, Secondary School Examination-2010. She is from village [] in Jodhpur district in Rajasthan.
- Bhanwar Ram Kadwa - Assistant Director AGRICULTURE, Vill.- Devari PO- Budsu,Teh.- Makrana, Distt.- Nagaur. Present Address : 69/133,Veer Tejaji Road, MANSAROVER, Jaipur, Resident Phone Number : 0141-2780020, Mobile Number : 9414388404
- Atul Chaudhary (Kadwa) - IIT (2011), From Pushkar, Ajmer
- Krishan Kadwa - elected in Rajasthan Assembly as BJP MLA-2013 from Sangaria constituency.
- लछमन राम कडवाड़ा, बागड़ - मारवाड़ जाट कृषक सुधार सभा की प्रबंधकारिणी और कार्यकारिणी में रहकर आप ने जाट जाति की सेवा करके अपने को कृतार्थ किया है। 
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. क-50
- Sir H. M. Elliot,: The History of India, as Told by Its Own Historians/VII. Rashídu-d Dín, from Al Bírúní, (p.55)
- Ram Sarup Joon:History of the Jats/Chapter V,p.90
- Kidama p. 229
- Thakur Deshraj: Jat Jan Sewak, 1949, p.210
Back to Gotras