At a distance of 10 K.M. to the west of this village at the junction of rivers Sindh and Parvati (Sindhu and Para) the ancient grand City of Padmavati  was situated. Now-a-days this place is known as Pavaya or Padam Pavāya.
It is very interesting to note that during the rainy season, a very large number of coins belonging to the Naga rulers appear at the surface. These coins have made the historians enable to identify this ancient Naga city. The first mention of this city as Padmavati, is made in the Vishnupurana , where it is stated that the Nava-Nagas made, Padmavati, Kantipuri and Mathura their capitals and ruled for seven generations. 
- ASR (1915-16) P-103.
- Dr Naval Viyogi: Nagas – The Ancient Rulers of India,p.336
- ASR (1915-16) P-105.
- V.P. (Wilson) II P-659.
- Jayaswal KP. - "History of India" PP 20-21 and 35.
Back to Jat Villages