Maharaja Vishvendra Singh
Maharaja Vishvendra Singh (महाराजा विश्वेन्द्र सिंह) is the scion of Sinsinwar Jat rulers of Bharatpur. He was born on 23rd June 1962 at Moti Mahal, Bharatpur. He Succeeded his father on 8th July 1995. He was a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party earlier but joined the Indian National Congerss in 2008. Elected in Rajathan Assembly as Congress MLA-2013
- Chairman, Zila Parishad, Distt. Bharatpur, Rajasthan 1988/89,
- Member of the Rajasthan Legislative Assembly (for five years) 1989/94,
- Member of the 9th (1989/1991) Lok Sabha,
- 13th (1999) Lok Sabha
- 14th (2004) Lok Sabha,
- Member of the Committee on Science and Technology, Environment and Forests 1999/2004,
- Member of the Committee on Personal, Public Grievance, Law & Justice 2004;
- The Congress accommodated Vishvendra Singh, who had quit the Bharatiya Janata Party and the membership of the Lok Sabha in November 2008, by granting him a ticket from Deeg-Kumher. He returned to the Congress after two decades. He had revolted over the issue of ticket distribution by the BJP in his home terrain, Bharatpur district. He lost the polls.
- Rajasthan Gujjar agitation got extra strength when Vishvendra Singh called on the Gujjar leaders at the mahapadav in Dausa on April 27, 2010 and vouched the support of Jat community for their cause. Earlier Gujjars received support from President of Jat Mahasabha, Raja Ram Meel, who is very influential in Rajasthan Jat Politics.
Interests include wildlife, squash and tennis.
Married on 15th February 1989, HH Maharani Divya Kumari born 6th November 1963 in Lucknow, daughter of Raja Surendra Singh Ju Dev of Behri, B.A., educated at Isabella Thorburn College, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. Member of the Zila Parishad, Bharatpur. Elected to the 11th Lok Sabha 1996. Due to death of Rajkumar Arun Singh of Bharatpur, the then M.L.A. from Deeg, bye election was held on 12th May, 2006 in which Maharani Divya Kumari was elected to the Vidhan Sabha from Deeg Constituency (BJP).
They have a son, Yuvaraj Anirudh Singh..
- Address - 27, Meena Bagh, New Delhi
- Phone: (011) 23019500
Back to The Rulers