|Author:Laxman Burdak, IFS (Retd.), Jaipur|
Narendra Budania (नरेन्द्र बुडानिया) is a politician of Indian National Congress from Churu in Rajasthan, India. He won Member of Parliament elections from Churu in 1985, 1996 and 1998. He was born on 5 July 1956 in the family of Late Choudhary Pratap Singh Budania, a Hindu Jat, in village Dudhwa Khara, District Churu (Rajasthan). He married with Smt. Kanak on 2 March 1980. He has got Two sons.
Education and Profession
He did B.Sc., LL.B. Educated at Lohia P.G. College, Churu and University of Rajasthan, Jaipur (Rajasthan). His normal Profession is Agriculurist, Advocate and Political and Social Worker. His Permanent Address: Budania Bhavan, Near Dharam Stupa, Churu (Rajasthan) Tel. (01562) 250022
- 1982-85: Sarpanch, Gram Panchayat, Dudhwakhara, Churu (Rajasthan) Chairman, Agriculture Committee, P.S. Churu 1983-85 Convenor, Kisan Congress, Churu
- 1984: Elected to 8th Lok Sabha
- 1985-89: Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Agriculture Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Railways Member, House Committee
- 1987-90: General-Secretary, All India Youth Congress (A.I.Y.C.)
- 1991-93: Organising-Secretary, Rajasthan Pradesh Congress Committee (R.P.C.C.)
- 1993-96: Member, Rajasthan Legislative Assembly Deputy Chief Whip, Congress Legislative Party
- 1996: Re-elected to 11th Lok Sabha (2nd term)
- 1996: Convenor, Congress Parliamentary Party, Rajasthan onwards
- 1996-97: Member, Committee on Labour and Welfare Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Petroleum
- 1998: Re-elected to 12th Lok Sabha (3rd term)
- 1998-2000: Member, Committee on Estimates
- 1998-99: Member, Committee on Petroleum and Chemicals Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- 2009 : Member Rajy Sabha
He belongs to a family of freedom fighters; He has been Joint-Secretary, Students Union, Science Faculty, Bagla H.S. School, Churu, 1970-71; Vice-President, Students Union, Lohia P.G. College, Churu, 1973-74; President, Students Union, Lohia P.G. College, Churu, 1974-75; Member, Employees' State Insurance Corporation, 1998-99.
His areas of special Interests are Upliftment of the poor, Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes, minorities and farmers. He visited North Korea and U.S.A.
- Parliament Records
- Biodata from Parliament of India
- Churu Loksabha Results 2003
- डीडवाना में हजारों किसानों ने जमाया डेरा
Back to The Leaders