It is said that earlier this place was inhabited by Rishis like Shankaracharya, Markandeya, Sukhev Rishi who had ashrams here. The village developed near the ashrama of Sukhdev Rishi.
According to 2011 census, the Simrauthi village had a population of 2204, of which 1162 were males while 1042 were females.
Other castes are: A few families of Brahman and Muslims. Good number of Nai, Kumhar, Od, Harijan, Darji, Khatik, Jataw etc. Looking to the large population of Dalits, UP Govt. has declared the village as Ambedkar village. There are about 35 boy graduates and 25 girl graduates as on 2004.
- Ch Khajan Sing was Recruiting Officer and Honorary Magistrate during British rule.
- Ch Karan Singh, Assessing officer in British rule.
- Ch Charan Singh - Social worker
- Ch. Harpal Singh - Freedom fighter, who served with Subhas Chandra Bose and who got training from Sardar Bhagat Singh
- Dr Sudha Singh Ph.D.
- Dr maya Singh Ph.D.
- Dr Suabhagyawati Ph.D.
- Kalpana Chaudhary UP Police
- Urmila Chaudhary UP Police
- Sunita Chaudhary UP Police
- Jat Samaj , Agra, March 2004, p. 8
Back to Jat Villages