We get information about Chauhan ruler Singhraja from this Inscription. Its transcript shows that Simharaja bore the title Maharajadhiraja. His father, Vakpati, had to remain content with the title of Maharaja,though he won 188 victories. Further, the inscription testifies to his mastery over the territory that included Merta and probably, also Pushkar. That Simharaja was a Saiva is known from the Harsha inscription of V. 1030 (973 A.D.). From this inscription, we further gather that he was a worshipper also of Aditya, i.e., the Sun. (Dasharatha Sharma, Early Chauhan Dynasties)
The Thamvala inscription of Singhraja dated V. 1013 (956 AD) speaks of the Sun Image called Rannaditya; Ranna here perhaps standing for Rajni as suggested by Prof. D.C. Sarkar. 
According to Census-2011 information:
- With total 2329 families residing Thanwala town has the population of 12857 (of which 6560 are males while 6297 are females).
Thanwala villages in other districts
- Thanwala village in Ahore tahsil in Jalor district in Rajasthan
- Thanwala village in Deoli tahsil in Tonk district in Rajasthan .Jat gotra - Ola , Dholya , Nahana ,
- Thanwala village in Balachaur tahsil in Nawanshahr district in Punjab, India.
- Studies In Indian History: Rajasthan Through The Ages The Heritage Of ...By R.K. Gupta, S.R. Bakshi, p.87
- Web-page of Thanwala village at Census-2011 website
- Jat Vaibhav Smarika Khategaon, 2010, p. 123
Back to Jat Villages