- 1 Origin
- 2 History
- 3 Distribution in Uttar Pradesh
- 4 Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
- 5 Distribution in Delhi
- 6 Distribution in Rajasthan
- 7 Notable Persons
- 8 Gallery of Sejwal people
- 9 External Links
- 10 References
They have probably originated from king named Sahajaditya (सहजादित्य).
Their local tradition tells that they were called Sejwal because they cut the hair of enemies while they were sleeping.
The Chauhan ruler Arnoraj had also conquered the kingdom of Kusha-Varana (Varan is modern Bulandshahr) then held by the Dod clan ruler either Sahajaditya or Bhojadeva. That it did not escape the victorious arms of Arnoraja might be seen from the first part of verse 17 of Bijolia Inscription. 
Distribution in Uttar Pradesh
Villages in Bulandshahar district
Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
Villages in Nimach district
Villages in Ratlam district
Distribution in Delhi
Villages in Delhi
Distribution in Rajasthan
Villages in Jaipur district
Sejwal (सेजवाल) jats live in villages: Bilaspura (8),
Villages in Bharatpur district
- Dr Vir Singh - Author and Jat historian.
- Sandeep Sejwal - He has dominated the breaststroke events in India like none before. He was the first Indian breaststroke swimmer to qualify for an Olympic Games and is today among the fastest breaststroke swimmers in Asia.
Gallery of Sejwal people
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. स-69
- O.S.Tugania:Jat Samuday ke Pramukh Adhar Bindu,p.63,s.n. 2505
- याद्राज्यं कुशवारणं प्रतिकृतमं राजांकुशेन स्वयं, येनात्रैव नु चित्रमेतत्पुनर्म्मन्यामहे तं प्रति | तच्चित्रं प्रतिभासते सुकृतिना निर्व्वाणनारायण- न्यक्काराचरणेन भंगकरणं श्रीदेवराजं प्रति ||17||
- "Early Chauhan Dynasties" by Dasharatha Sharma, p.51-52
Back to Jat Gotras