Located in east of Rohtak.
Ch. Kundan Singh Nandal founded the village in 1124 A.D. (Vikrami Samvat 1181 Falgun Badi Panchmi) upon his grandfather name Ch. Bohrsi Nandal. Bohar village is origin of all the Nandal Jats.
Presently Bohar Village has two gram panchayats i.e. Bohar-Bhopan & Bohar- Melwan. The population of village is more than 20000. Mostly land of the village has been acquired by government due to urbanization & industrialization of Rohtak city. All the HUDA Sectors, MD University, PGI, Model Town, Tilak Nagar, Bharat Colony, Ramgopal Colony, Basant Vihar, Tau Nagar, Sun City are located in the demarcation boundary of the village.
दलीपसिंह अहलावत लिखते हैं -
....यह देहली नाम की स्थापना की घटना सिकन्दर और सम्राट् पोरस के समय से पहले की चौथी शताब्दी ईस्वी पूर्व की है। इस नगर का सबसे पहले नाम ढिल्लीका था जिसका लेख सोमेश्वर चौहान शिलालेख पर है जो कि वि० संवत् 1226 (सन् 1169) का है। (Epigraphica Indica, Vol. XX, S. No. 344 of Inscriptions of Northern India)। बाद में अन्तिम ‘का’ को हटा दिया गया जिससे इस नगर का नाम ढिल्ली बन गया। विक्रमी संवत् 1337 (सन् 1280) का एक शिलालेख गांव बोहर जिला रोहतक में मिला है जिस पर लिखा हुआ है कि हरयाणा देश व देहली पर पहले तोमरों (तंवर जाट) ने राज्य किया, फिर चौहानों ने, उसके बाद गोरी सुल्तान ने। (S. No. 598, op. cit, Journal of Asiatic Society of Bengal, Vol. 1, XLII, Pt. VI; P. 108)।
- Ch. Kundan Singh Nandal -
- Ch. Mela Singh - Melwan Pana named after him.
- Ch. Bhopa - Bhopan Pana named after him.
- Ch. Dharma - Dharmash named after him and he and his descendents settled in many villages in U.P.
- Ch. Bhure Singh - Bhuran Thola named after him.
- Ch. Teja Singh - He founded Tejawala Johad in 1581-83.
- Ch. Basti Ram (1790-1864) - He was the first Haryanvi Jat who introduced English education by educating his son Ch. Jamna Das from Delhi College between 1844-45 to 1856. He became first Lumberdar of Village Bohar in 1860.
- Ch. Jamna Das (1832-1902) - Was the first Haryanvi who thoroughly mastered English. He was appointed first English teacher and first Head Master of Zila School Rohtak.He was first Indian who became Inspector of schools in pre- partition Punjab.He was helpful in opening many government primary schools in villages around Rohtak.He introduced modern education in Haryana.
- Ch.Devi Singh (1871-1955) - Was the founder member of Jat School Rohtak . He was a freedom fighter and great Arya Samajist social reformer of his times.
- Dr. Dungar Singh (1896-1970) - Was the first doctor in Bohar.He was Ayur Ved Vigyan Acharya.
- Smt Sarita w/o Ramesh Nandal - Elected as Parshad of Ward No. 7 Rohtak.
Back to Jat Villages