It is situated on Bhiwani-Tosham Road via Devsar,Dinod,Kohar, Bajina, Ningana and is 20 KM from Bhiwani and 6km from Tosham.Nearest Railway Station is Bhiwani.
It is an old village and has now grown into big and thickly populated village.It is Jat majority village. But there are also Rajputs,Brahmin,Bania,Khati, Luhar,Telis,and other schedule castes and Backward castes as Barbers,Goldsmiths etc.
Dhani Mahu was founded by a man named MAHU who came from village Bans Petwad Distt.Hisar and settled here. It is very old village in the area. It has been very popular for sports i.e. Wrestling, Kabbadi, Volleyball etc in surrounding villages. It excelled in other fields also.
Now there are two Hospitals in the village, one Civil Hospital and one Veternary Hospital.
Government High School Dhani Mahu is a very old and dates back to the time when there was no High School in the surrounding villages.Children from surrounnding villges viz Ninganas-Kalan and Khurd,Riwasa,Bajina,Kohar,Mansar Baas,Simali,Leghan,Lohani and Kairu. Now Dhani Mahu has seprate High School for girls also. There is a B.Ed College and many privately managed schools.
- Ranbir Singh Duhan IAS( Retired) - hails from Village Dhani Mahu. He graduated from Vaish College Bhiwani. He joined as Inspector, Excise and Customs, and subsequently selected HCS. Later on, he was promoted to IAS.Now he is the Chairman Of Haryana State Food Commission.
- Satya Vir Singh Duhan - DANIPS, hails from village Dhani Mahu, and he is an Asstt.Commissioner of Police, in Delhi Police and presetly is posted in Economic Offences Wing, Crime Branch Mandir Marg,New Delhi. He graduated from Vaish College Bhiwani.
- Subedar Hawa Singh Duhan - Army Ordnance Corps.He actively participated in Indo-Pak war 1965 and Indo-China war 1962.
- Sep. Ved Pal Duhan - he sacrificed his life in 1971 Indo-Pak War.
- HAV. Ved Singh Duhan---Army Ordinance Corps.
- Manoj Singh Duhan---- Engineer in Ericsson at Noida.
Back to Jat Villages