Kiran Choudhry born 5 June 1955 in Delhi Cantt, daughter of war veteran Brigadier Atma Singh from Kumaon Regiment of Indian Army and Sarla Devi. She is a lawyer and politician, belongs to very strong political family. She is wife of late Surender Singh Legha who was MP, MLA and Cabinet Minister in Haryana. Surender is Son of late Bansi Lal Legha, Ex Chief Minister of Haryana and Railway Minister in Cabinet of centre government. Kiran's daughter Shruti Chaudary was also MP from Bhiwani Constituency. Kiran has two siblings Ashok Choudhry and Anuradha Choudhary (MP)
- 1998- MLA from "Delhi Cantt" Vidhan Sabha - Delhi.
- 1998-Deputy Speaker of Delhi Vidhan Sabha.
- 2004 - Congress candidate for the Rajya Sabha elections from Haryana Assembly.
- 2005 bypoll - MLA "Tosham" Vidhan Sabha - Haryana
- Haryana Government - Cabinet Minister of State for Forest, Environment, Tourism and Sports.
- 2009 - MLA "Tosham" Vidhan Sabha - Haryana
- Haryana Government - Cabinet Minister for Excise and Taxation & Public Health Engineering
- 2014 - MLA "Tosham" Vidhan Sabha - Haryana
- 2019 - MLA "Tosham" Vidhan Sabha - Haryana
- 1986 - General Secretary - All Indian Mahila Congress
- All India Mahila Congress Spokes Person DPCC(Delhi Pardesh Congress Committee)
- Leader of the Congress Legislature Party (CLP)
- Member - AICC Delhi in 1989
- President of Social Welfare for Rural and Urban poor (S.W.R.U.P)
- General Secretary of Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee
- Delegate PCC, Delhi Cantonment, General Secretary
Back to The Leaders