- 1 Origin
- 2 History
- 3 Villages founded by Lega
- 4 Sub divisions of Chauhan
- 5 Distribution in Rajasthan
- 5.1 Villages in Sikar district
- 5.2 Villages in Nagaur district
- 5.3 Villages in Barmer district
- 5.4 Villages in Bikaner district
- 5.5 Villages in Churu district
- 5.6 Villages in Baran district
- 5.7 Villages in Jaisalmer district
- 5.8 Villages in Ganganagar district
- 5.9 Villages in Jodhpur district
- 5.10 Villages in Jalor district
- 6 Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
- 7 Distribution in Haryana
- 8 Distribution in Punjab
- 9 Distribution in Pakistan
- 10 Notable persons
- 11 Reference
No. 48. — Mulagirino dānam lekhakasa.
- " Gift of Mulagiri; the scribe."
Kot Solankiyan is a village in Desuri tehsil in Pali district of Rajasthan. An Inscription of Mewar Ruler Maharana Lakha was found here. The Kot Solankiyan Inscription of 1418 bears the Gotra of this dynasty as Lega.
Villages founded by Lega
- Lega Ki Dhani (लेगा की ढाणी) - village in Didwana tehsil of Nagaur district in Rajasthan.
- Legon Ki Dhani (लेगों की ढाणी) - Village in Barmer tahsil of Barmer district in Rajasthan.
- Legon Ki Dhani Barmer (लेगों की ढाणी) - Village in Barmer tahsil of Barmer district in Rajasthan.
- Legonki Dhani (लेगोंकी ढाणी) - Village in Baytoo tahsil of Barmer district in Rajasthan.
Sub divisions of Chauhan
Bhim Singh Dahiya provides us list of Jat clans who were supporters of the Chauhan when they gained political ascendancy. The Legha clan supported the ascendant clan Chauhan and become part of a political confederacy.
Distribution in Rajasthan
Villages in Sikar district
Villages in Nagaur district
Villages in Barmer district
Anta Barmer, Bandra, Barmer, Chiriya, Daboi, Dhola Nada, Gandhav, Gira, Holani, Hodoo, Hudo Ki Dhani, Jaydoo, Kapoorari (कपूरड़ी), Kharapar, Lapundara, Legon Ki Dhani (Barmer tahsil), Legon Ki Dhani (Baytu tahsil), Legon Ki Dhani (Baytu tahsil), Legonki Dhani (Baytu tahsil), Neemba Ki Dhani, Purawa, Shohara,
Villages in Bikaner district
Villages in Churu district
Villages in Baran district
Villages in Jaisalmer district
Villages in Ganganagar district
Villages in Jodhpur district
Villages in Jalor district
Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
Villages in Ratlam district
Villages in Harda district
Distribution in Haryana
Villages in Sirsa District
Villages in Bhiwani District
Villages in Hisar District
Distribution in Punjab
Villages in Mohali district
Villages in Nawanshahr district
Distribution in Pakistan
Legha(Holani)=175 population, live in villages:
- Chaudhary Bansi Lal - Former Chief Minister of Haryana
- Purakha Ram Chaudhary - The Freedom Fighter, Village: Lapundara (Barmer)
- Narayan Ram Legha - Martyr of 1971 Indo-Pak War from Barmer District
- Dr Sewa Singh - M D in America from village Madanheri distt Mohali Punjab.
- Ramrakhji Legha- The very first and most notable jat trader in wool industry in Bikaner.
- Maluramji Legha - He was the M.L.A.(1980-1985)of Lunkaransar (Bikaner)
- Dr Prithvi Legha, MD in America from Village Madanheri, Distt Mohali, Punjab
- Gumana Ram Legha - RAS (2003) from village Anta Barmer (Barmer), DOB:14-2-1976
- Pempo Chaudhary Legha - Resident Hodoo , Barmer, Pradhan Sindari 2005-10.
- Pawan Legha - [Dy Commandant, BSF] (2006) from village Golagarh (Bhiwani), DOB:21-09-1979
- Dinesh Lega - Adhyaksh Beej Urpadak Sangh Harda, Madhya Pradesh, Mob; 9926928350
- Mohan Ram Legha: IFS 2012 batch, Gujarat Cadre, Posted at Narmada Forest Division, Rajpipla-Narmada, Gujarat, From Bikaner, M: 9712852449
- Lakha Ram Lega - Social worker From village Nagana, Barmer, Rajasthan. He donated Rs. 110000 for construction of one room for Jat Dharmshala Haridwar. He runs a firm in name of Anil Constructions. He is in relation to Baytu MLA Kailash Chaudhari.
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. ल-49
- O.S.Tugania:Jat Samuday ke Pramukh Adhar Bindu,p.59,s.n. 2245
- Mahendra Singh Arya et al: Adhunik Jat Itihas, p. 279
- The Bhilsa topes: Inscriptions, P. 243
- स्वस्ति श्री संवत १४७५ वर्षे आषाढ सुदि ३ सोमे राणा श्री लाषा विजयराज्ये प्रधान ठाकुर श्री मांण्डण व्यापारे श्री आसलपुर दुर्गे श्री पार्श्वनाथ चैत्ये । उपकेशवंशी लिगा गोत्रे साह कडुआ भार्या कमलादे पु. जगसींह वाउरा नूलु केल्हा जगसींह भर्या त्रजाल्हणदे पुत्र खेढा भार्या जयंती पुत्र सुहड सल्लू सहितेन आत्मपुण्य श्रेयसे बालणामंडपजीर्णोद्धार: कारापित शुभं भवतु । समस्त संघ मांडणठाकुर साक्षिक:"
- Jats the Ancient Rulers (A clan study)/Appendices/Appendix I,p.316-17
- A glossary of the Tribes and Castes of the Punjab and North-West Frontier Province By H.A. Rose Vol II/J,p.375-76
Back to Gotras