Note - Please click → Bisalpur for details of similarly named villages at other places.
It is situated at a distance of 35 km from Jodhpur on approach road 3 km off from Jaipur-Jodhpur road towards north.
The village was founded much earlier than Jodhpur city. Village was abandoned many times in the past but rehabilitated. The old name of the village was Bisana on the basis of 20 small hamlets which were part of the village. Later it changed to Bisalpur.
Initially, the village was inhabited by many castes but now it is mainly a Jat village.
It has distinction of being the village with influential Jat population, even the police is afraid of coming to this village without the permission of sarpanch. During the rule of Rao Jodha, the canons were manufactured by the luhars of this village. The biggest canon in Mehrangarh fort of Jodhpur was manufactured in this village.
Village is fully literate. Not many people are in government services. Mostly people are engaged in Agriculture and business. There is a river named mithri which flows close by the village which keeps wells of the village charged.
The Bisalpur village has population of 5034 of which 2531 are males while 2503 are females as per Population Census 2011.
- Chaudhari Ram Chandra Mundiyada - is the Sarpanch of the village. He has great contribution in the development of the village.
- Gopa Ram Dugtawa - गोपाराम दुग्तावा सुपुत्र श्री गुलाराम दुग्तावा गांव बीसलपुर, जोधपुर। 21,000 रु का दान दिया जाट धर्मशाला हरिद्वार
- Shiv Ram Singh Tandi - शिवरामसिंह तांडी सुपुत्र श्री मंगला राम तांडी गांव बीसलपुर, तहसील जोधपुर। 11,000 रु का दान दिया जाट धर्मशाला हरिद्वार
- Mohan Ram Sengwa - श्री मोहनराम सेंगवा सुपुत्र श्री हीराराम सेंगवा गांव बीसलपुर, प. स. मंडोर, जोधपुर। 11,000 रु का दान दिया जाट धर्मशाला हरिद्वार
- Surja Ram Jani - श्री सुरजाराम जाणी सुपुत्र श्री लालाराम जाणी गांव बीसलपुर, प. स. मंडोर, जोधपुर। 11,000 रु का दान दिया जाट धर्मशाला हरिद्वार
- Jat Samaj, Agra, September 1998
Back to Jat Villages