- Kara-hardash (ca. 1333 BC) is name of King in List of Kings of Babylon.
- Kara or Karan (कारां) is one of thousand names of Shiva.
Ram Sarup Joon writes that ....According to the research of Hem Chandra, Lichhavis belonged to Madrak dynasty and were called Karskar or Kakkar because of their origin from Kar. Shale, Shal, Shi, all originating from Sialkot are also Madrak. In Sanskrit Scripture they have been called Jatra or Jatrali meaning Jat.
Adi Parva, Mahabharata/Mahabharata Book I Chapter 57 tells Names of all those Nagas that fell into the fire of the snake-sacrifice. Kara is mentioned in shloka 8 as Nagas of race of Takshaka.
- उच्छिखः सुरसॊ दरङ्गॊ बलहेडॊ विरॊहणः
- शिली शल करॊ मूकः सुकुमारः प्रवेपनः
Distribution in Punjab
Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
Villages in Ratlam district
Villages in Ratlam district with population of this gotra are:
- History of the Jats/Chapter IV ,p. 56
- History and study of the Jats. By Professor B.S Dhillon. ISBN-10: 1895603021 or ISBN-13: 978-1895603026. p.124
Back to Jat Gotras