Ram Sarup Joon  writes ...Bahik, Bahi, Bahin or Bahela: Bahik Jats is found both among the Hindu and Sikhs. In Pakistan there are Muslim Bahele Jats-, Bahiks are mentioned in Mahabharat also. According to "Karna Parva", chapter of the Mahabharat) King Shalya paid l/6th part of his income to the Bahiks. According to Nandlal Dey, Bahik are a sub branch of the Madraks. Arat in district Sheikhupur was their capital. Hashak, Karmabh Kalak and Karkar were their important towns. In Daurala (District Meerut, U.P.) the Bahiyan Jats have six villages.
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. ब-147
- O.S.Tugania:Jat Samuday ke Pramukh Adhar Bindu,p.51,s.n. 1681
- Ram Swarup Joon:History of the Jats/Chapter V
- Ram Sarup Joon: History of the Jats/Chapter V, p.71-72
- A glossary of the Tribes and Castes of the Punjab and North-West Frontier Province By H.A. Rose Vol II/B,p.33
Back to Jat gotras