- For Beri village in Chirawa (Rajasthan), please click Beri Chirawa
Beri (बेरी) village and tahsil, which previously fell under district Rohtak Haryana, is now part of newly-created Jhajjar district. It is a large village and is also one of the seats of Haryana Vidhan Sabha constituency. On the creation of Haryana on 1st November 1966, Pundit Bhagwat Dayal Sharma became the first Chief Minister of the State. He belonged to this village.
Villages in Beri tahsil
Achhej, Baghpur, Bakra, Barhaana, Beri (MC), Beri Khas, Bhambhewa, Bishan, Chhochhi, Chiman Pura, Cheemni, Dewana, Dhandhlaan, Dhaur, Dharana, Dighal, Dujana, Dubaldhan, Dubaldhan Ghikan, Dubaldhan Kirmian, Gangtan, Gochhi, Godhri, Jahazgarh, Lakria, Madana Kalan, Madana Khurd, Mohammadpur Mazra, Dubaldhan Majra, Malikpur, Paharipur, Palra, Seria, Shafipur, Siwana, Wazirpur,
It is a historical village, in existence from pre-Mahabharata period. The famous Bheemeshwari (भीमेश्वरी) Temple is situated on the outskirts of this village, connected to many folk tales relating to one of the Pandavas, Bheemsen. The temple attracts large crowds from many surrounding villages. Many traders or Banias of this village have now shifted to far flung places like Calcutta. They still own their traditional houses in the village and pay regular visits to the temple. Beri also used to host the largest cattle fair of India, which has now shifted to neighbouring Jehazgarh village.
- Kadian - Jat gotra is Kadian. Beri is actually the heart of Kadian Khap. For reading pleasure, please see Jatland Forums thread "Kissa-e Kadyan-Khap" []. 
Beri Jat Gotra
Beri village in Gurdaspur
- Dndeswal 13:17, 14 January 2007 (EST)
- Dr Ompal Singh Tugania: Jat Samuday ke Pramukh Adhar Bindu, Agra, 2004, p. 19
- History and study of the Jats. By Professor B.S Dhillon. ISBN-10: 1895603021 or ISBN-13: 978-1895603026. p.126