Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
Villages in Narsinghpur district
Distribution in Andhra Pradesh
Durvasa (दुर्वासा), was an ancient Rishi, the son of Atri and Anasuya. He is known for his short temper. According to local tradition in modern Azamgarh, Durvasa Ashram or hermitage, where many disciples used to go to study under him, was situated in the area, at the confluence of the Tons River and Majhuee rivers, 6 km north of the Phulpur Tehsil headquarters. His one famous temple called Rishi Durvasa Temple is located in village- Aali Brahman, tehsil- Hathin, dist.- Palwal, Haryana.
In south, it was a big challenge for Aurangzeb to win Golkunda Fort in Hyderabad. He decided to fight Gurilla war. For this he needed people who could do it for him. He started a search for the people all over. Finally he found Jats in and around Delhi , who could were expert in Gurilla war. He pleaded Jats to fight for him, to which Jats agreed. An army of 700-800 Jats was formed. By showing amazing courage of bravery Jats conquered Golkunda Fort for him. After winning Golkunda Fort, Aurangzeb as an award and for the security of fort gifted lands to these Jats for settlement in and around Hyderabad. As the time passed , dynasties changed and land given to them decreased but the population increased. A time finally came, when the same Jats who won the Fort, their decedents became small farmer and labours.
Today there are around 40,000 Jats in Hyderabad from Ramdevguda to Nalagunda having history in their hearts but neither centre Govt nor state Govt has done anything for them. They are neither considered backward nor Telgu speaking people. As their colour changed with time so changed their gottars , but in genes they have Jat blood. 
- दुर्वासा मंदिर - दुर्वासा मुनि के शाप से श्रीकृष्ण और रुक्मिणी में वियोग हुआ। इस कारण रुक्मिणी का मंदिर द्वारका से बाहर है।
- दुर्वासा आश्रम: यह स्थान आजमगढ़ जिले की फूलपुर तहसील मुख्यालय के उत्तर से 6 किलोमीटर की दूरी पर स्थित है। यह जगह यहां स्थित दुर्वासा ऋषि के आश्रम के लिए काफ़ी प्रसिद्ध है। प्रत्येक वर्ष कार्तिक पूर्णिमा के अवसर पर यहां बहुत बड़े मेले का आयोजन किया जाता है। हज़ारों की संख्या में विद्यार्थी ज्ञान प्राप्त करने यहां आया करते थे।
- Niranjan Singh Durvasa (23.01.1905 - 16.10.1968) also known as Thakur Niranjan Singh, was freedom fighter and Member, Madhya Pradesh Legislative Assembly, 1946-57; Leader of the Opposition, Madhya Pradesh Legislative Assembly, 1950-51, 1953-55 and 1956-57. He was Member, Rajyasabha (3-4-1958 to 2-4-1964 and 3-4-1964 to 16-10-1968). He was born on 23.01.1905 in family of Riddh Singh Durvasa at village Bahoripar, Narsinghpur, Madhya Pradesh.
- Late Ch. Kansi Ram Durwas - Ex. president of Jat Samaj Andhra Pradesh. His address: House No. 9-5-106 village - Ramdevguda, Post. - Civil Lines, Hyderabad-31. Mob: 9347950868
- Madhvendra Singh (Mechanical) (Gotra - Durwasa) Retd HAL , Settled in Nashik, Home district - Narsinghpur, M.P. (9422707303)
Back to Gotras