Bhopal (भोपाल) is Capital city and district headquarters in Madhya Pradesh.
Another name of Bhopal
Bhopal is also known as the Lake City of India for its various natural as well as artificial lakes and is one of the greenest cities in India.
Bhopal is said to have been founded by the Parmar King Raja Bhoj (1000–1055), who had his capital at Dhar. The city was originally known as Bhojpal named after Bhoj. In the 17th century Afghan Sardar Dost Mohammed Khan, who was a commander in the Mughal army posted at Mangalgarh, which lies to the north of the modern city of Bhopal took advantage of the disintegration of the Mughal empire, he usurped Mangalgarh and Berasia (now a tehsil of the Bhopal District). Sometime later, he helped the Gond Queen Kamalapati by executing her husband's assassins and restoring the little Gond kingdom back to her. The Queen gave him a princely sum of money and the Mouza village (which is situated near modern Bhopal city). After the death of last Gond queen, Dost Mohammed Khan took his chance and seized the little Gond Kingdom and established his capital 10 km away from modern Bhopal, at Jagdishpur. He named his capital Islamnagar, meaning the city of Islam. He built a small fort and some palaces at Islam nagar, the ruins of which can still be seen today. After few years, he built a bigger fort situated on the northern bank of the Upper Lake. He named this new fort Fatehgarh ("the fort of victory"). Later the capital was shifted to the current city of Bhopal.
Recently Inscription of Buddha have been discovered at village Nagauri in Nateran tahsil in Vidisha district of Madhya Pradesh. This Inscription is of 11-12th century and engraved on a rocks of 4-5 feet high. The archaeologists are of the view that there must some more inscription like this. There is a need to further research.
साँची के पास नागौरी गाँव में यह शिलालेख प्राप्त हुए हैं जो साँची मुख्य स्तूप से नागौरी गाँव की और के ढलान वाले सबसे निचले हिस्से में बुद्ध का शिलालेख स्थित है. इस शिलालेख की लिपि नागरी और भाषा संस्कृत है. दो पंक्तियों में अभिलेख और उसके नीचे भगवन बुद्ध से सम्बंधित कहानी उत्कीर्ण है. इसमें लिखा है कि जब भगवान बुद्ध सिंहासन पर बैठकर (पद्मासन)तपस्या कर रहे थे तो उनकी तपस्या में बाधा डालने के लिए दोनों तरफ से उत्तेजित अवस्था में हाथी उन्हें अपनीअपनी और खींच रहे थे. इस अवस्था से निकलने के लिए भगवान बुद्ध अपने तपोबल से ऊपर उठ गए और हाथी के खींचने का उन पर कोई असर नहीं हुआ. 
Tahsils in Bhopal District
Jat gotras in Bhopal
Adhran, Ahlawat, Anjane, Atri, Balhara, Balyan, Bangadwa, Barach, Barad, Bargoti, Basbana, Basman, Baswan, Beda, Bhagor, Bhakal, Bhalothia, Bhamu, Bharengar, Bijarnia, Binda, Bisayti, Bisonia, Bohra, Budhe, Budhwar, Burdak, Chahal, Chahar, Chandel, Chhokar, Choyal, Dabas, Dabisa, Dagar, Dahiya, Dalal, Dandak, Dashpuria, Dedar, Deshwal, Dhadaria, Dhainyar, Dhaka, Dhanerya, Dhankad, Dhankher, Dhatiriya, Dhayal, Didel, Dilwal, Dingwal, Dinwal, Diswar, Dondaria, Dongre, Dudi, Durwas, Dusadh, Faraswal, Fogat, Foyar, Gahlawat, Garhwal, Gathware, Gehlot, Ghainyar, Ghanghas, Godara, Gode, Godha, Golia, Golya, Gulia, Hanselia, Hathingarwar, Hudda, Indolia, Jakhar, Jangoo, Jhunkale, Kadyan, Kajal, Kakran, Kalhari, Kalkhanda, Kashyap, Kaul, Khainwar, Khairwa, Kharb, Khatri, Khoja, Khokhar, Khutel, Kudia, Kuhad, Kuiya, Kulhar, Kundu, Lachau, Lakkad, Lalau, Lalgathwaria, Lamba, Lauchak, Legha, Mali, Mann, Marawat, Mehria, Menchu, Mohla, Motra, Mundel, Nain, Nandav, Narolia, Narwar, Nauhwar, Nawad, Nehra, Ohlan, Pachhare, Padode, Paldia, Palwar, Pander, Paraswan, Paraya, Patel, Pawar, Penda, Poras, Puchhwar, Punia, Rahi, Rajaura, Rana, Ranwa, Rao, Rathi, Rawat, Ruhil, Sangwan, Saran, Saroha, Serawat, Sheshma, Shyorat, Sidia, Sihak, Sikarwar, Sindhu, Sinsinwar, Sirohi, Siwach, Siyak, Sogarwal, Sohrot, Solanki, Soni, Takhar, Tanwar, Tewatia, Thadwar, Thakurel, Thakurela, Thakurele, Thenua, Thukrele, Thusya, Tomar, Toor, Vinda,
- Madhya Pradesh Jat Sabha, Bhopal
- M.P. Rajya Stariya Jat Kalyan Samiti, Bhopal. President: Radhe Shyam Verma, Mob:9425010554, Email: email@example.com. Radhe Shyam Verma is also Editor of a monthly Magazine 'Krishak Kalyan' for farmers. It is published from Bhopal.
- Daya Ram Dhayal - Donated Rs. 25000/- for School
- R.S. Kharb - President Govindpura Industries Association, Bhopal-4261619, Phone: 0755-4261619, Home: E-1/70, Arera Colony Bhopal, Mob: 9303134841
- B.S. Arya - Senior Manager (PSCD), Bank of India, Zonal Office, Jail Road, Bhopal. Res:0755-2554470, Mob: 9425648864.
- Har Narain Jat Mali: President Madhya Pradesh Jat Sabha, Bhopal, Mob: 9926900294
- Radhe Shyam Verma (Palwar) - From Tarawli Kalan village in Berasia tahsil in Bhopal district in Madhya Pradesh. Mob: 9425010554
- S P S VERMA CHIEF MANAGER(INSPECTION)PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK NEW MARKET BHOPAL MOB 9893591616
- S K Thakur (Khenwar) - Ex President Madhya Pradesh Jat Sabha, Bhopal, Mob: 9826546968
- पीपुल्स समाचार भोपाल बुधवार 18 अप्रेल 2012