कूहाडKulhar (कुलहार) Kulhad (कुलहाड़) Kulhar (कुलहड़) Kalhar (कलहार) gotra Jats are found in Rajasthan, Punjab, Haryana,Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh. They are found in Pakistan. Kalra/Khojri/Kalhar/Galar clan is found in Afghanistan.
- 1 Origin
- 2 History
- 3 Distribution in Rajasthan
- 4 Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
- 5 Distribution in Punjab and Haryana
- 6 Distribution in Pakistan
- 7 Notable persons
- 8 References
- Koliya was capital of Kulhar clan of Jats in 11th to 12th century.
Ram Swarup Joon writes that...Kuharh, Kalhari, Khailari, Khalu and Kalhur are one and the same. All of the are descendants of Rao Kallur and their names are a little different because they settled down in different places.
Distribution in Rajasthan
Villages in Sikar district
Villages in Churu district
Locations in Jaipur city
Ambabari, Vidyadhar Nagar, Vaishali Nagar,
Villages in Jhunjhunu district
Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
Villages in Bhopal district
Distribution in Punjab and Haryana
Sihmar (सिंहमार) Sihumar (सिहुमार) Jat Gotra in Punjab has Originated from Kalhar. This gotra of Jats found in Distt Bhiwani, Jind and Rohtak in Haryana, Abohar and Fazilka tehsils in Fazilka district and Patiala district in Punjab and Nagaur district in Rajasthan,Saharanpur district in UP.
Distribution in Pakistan
- Kunwar Panne Singh Deorod (Kulhar) - Freedom fighter from Deorod in Jhunjhunu district in Rajasthan.
- Naveen Kulhar - is Assistant Vice President in HDFC Bank Rajasthan Zone. He is from Deorod in Jhunjhunu district in Rajasthan.
- An Inquiry Into the Ethnography of Afghanistan By H. W. Bellew, The Oriental University Institute, Woking, 1891, p.112,114
- Dr Mahendra Singh Arya, Dharmpal Singh Dudee, Kishan Singh Faujdar & Vijendra Singh Narwar: Ādhunik Jat Itihasa (The modern history of Jats), Agra 1998, p. 227
- Ram Swarup Joon: History of the Jats/Chapter V,p. 91
- History and study of the Jats. By Professor B.S Dhillon. ISBN-10: 1895603021 or ISBN-13: 978-1895603026. p.126
- Census Of India 1911 Volume Xiv Punjab Part 2 by Pandit Narikishan Kaul
Back to Gotras