Sub Divisions of Khokhar gotra
There are several sub-divisions of the Khokhar gotra , such as the Bandial, Bhachar, Dholka, Ganjial, Jalap, Majoka, Nissowana, Rawal, and Denaar (in muslim). According to H.A. Rose Jat clans derived from Khokhar are: Bohla and Khokhar Haral, Ajra, Bhalu and Bhala are also the sub gotras of the Khokhar Jats (Hindu and Sikh).
In Lake Urmia
Lake Urmia (Persian: دریاچه ارومیه) is a salt lake in northwestern Iran between the provinces of East Azarbaijan and West Azarbaijan, west of the southern portion of the similarly shaped Caspian Sea. Lake Urmia has 102 islands. Azar name appears in this list which indicates its ancient linkage with Iran.
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. अ-4,62
- Jat History Thakur Deshraj/Chapter IX,p.695
- Ram Swarup Joon: History of the Jats/Chapter V,p. 90
- Mahendra Singh Arya et al.: Ādhunik Jat Itihas, Agra 1998, p.219
- A glossary of the Tribes and Castes of the Punjab and North-West Frontier Province By H.A. Rose Vol II/J,p.376
Back to Jat Gotras