Bhind (भिंड) Bhinda (भिंडा) Bhindar (भिंडर)/(भिण्डर)  Bhinder (भिंडर) is a Gotra of Jats in Punjab, India and Pakistan. Bhindar (भिंडर),Bhind Tomar (भिंड तोमर) Bhindtanwar/Bhind Tanwar (भिण्डतंवर)  Tomar(तोमर) is same tribe of Jats of the Lunar branch of the Tomar Rajvansh, through its eponym, who settled in the Punjab under Rai Tomar. Found in Sialkot.  They were supporters of Tomar Confederacy. 
Ram Swarup Joon writes....Bhind are of the Tanvar Gotra, but as they came from Bhind part of Gwalior, they came to be called Bhind. They are found in a very small numbers. Chiefs of Pisawa belong to Chabuk Tanwar Gotra and chiefs of Nogaja in district Jullundur also belong to this gotra. According to "Todd's Rajasthan" residents of Bhan were called Bhind.
Distribution in Punjab
Villages in Moga district
Villages in Sangrur district
- Rampur Bhindran is Village in Malerkotla tahsil of Sangrur district in Punjab.
- Bhindran are villages in Sangrur tahsil of Sangrur district in Punjab.
Distribution in Rajasthan
Bhinda gotra jats also live in Shahpura, district Jaipur,Rajasthan.
Villages in Jaipur district
Distribution in Pakistan
The Bhinder are found mainly in Gujranwala and Sialkot districts. Bhinders from Ludhiana and Jalandhar are settled in Faisalabad.
- Dr.Phool Chand Bhinda - B.J.P. M.L.A. from Viratnagar, Jaipur, Rajasthan elected in 2009 and 2013.
- Amar Singh of Naugaja, Bhindar - Jat, From Jullundur district was in the List of Punjab Chiefs during the British times.
- O.S.Tugania:Jat Samuday ke Pramukh Adhar Bindu, p.54, s.n. 1929
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. भ-20
- O.S.Tugania:Jat Samuday ke Pramukh Adhar Bindu, p.54, s.n. 1923
- B S Dahiya:Jats the Ancient Rulers (A clan study)/Jat Clan in India, p.236, s.n.25
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. भ-86
- O.S.Tugania:Jat Samuday ke Pramukh Adhar Bindu, p.54, s.n. 1927
- A glossary of the Tribes and Castes of the Punjab and North-West Frontier Province By H.A. Rose Vol II/B , p.106
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Chapter III,p.192
- Mahendra Singh Arya et al.: Ādhunik Jat Itihas, Agra, 1998, p. 273
- Jat Samaj, Agra, June 1999
- Ram Swarup Joon| History of the Jats/Chapter V,p.75
- Ram Sarup Joon: History of the Jats/Chapter VI,p.116
Back to Jat Gotras