- 1 Origin
- 2 History
- 3 Villages founded by Budia clan
- 4 Distribution in Rajasthan
- 5 Distribution in Haryana
- 6 Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
- 7 Notable person from this gotra
- 8 External Links
- 9 References
This gotra is said to be started from their ancestral kingdom named Budia. It is said to have been founded by Birbal, one of the Ministers of Akbar. Thakur Deshraj has identified the clan Budia with Ordabae as mentioned by Megasthenes in his Indica.
Megasthenes has described about this clan in Indica as Ordabae. He writes, Then next to these towards the Indus come, in an order which is easy to follow The Amatae (Antal), Bolingae (Balyan), Gallitalutae (Gahlot), Dimuri (Dahiya), Megari (Maukhari), Ordabae (Buria), Mese (Matsya). (See -Jat_clans_as_described_by_Megasthenes)
Villages founded by Budia clan
- Bera Buriyon Ki Dhimdi (बेरा बुड़ियों की ढीमड़ी) - village in Sojat tehsil of Pali district in Rajasthan.
- Budiyon Ka Tala (बुडियों का तला) - village in Chohtan Tahsil of Barmer district in Rajasthan.
Distribution in Rajasthan
Villages in Pali district
Villages in Barmer district
Villages in Nagaur district
Villages in Bikaner district
Villages in Churu district
Distribution in Haryana
Villages in Yamunanagar district
Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
Villages in Mandsaur district
Villages in Nimach district
Notable person from this gotra
- Jiwan Singh of Buria - From Yamunanagar district was in the List of Punjab Chiefs.
- श्री चन्दूराम बूड़िया पुत्र श्री घेरूराम मु.पो. रामनगर वाया Lunkaransar|लूनकरनसर]] जिला बीकानेर
Back to Jat Gotras