Indore is Mini Bombay of Madhya Pradesh. A highly commecial city, people are simple and famous for their taste. All types of tasty food is availble here. It is Software and Real estate hub if the State (M.P.).
Tahsils in Indore District
- Musawat - Musawat Jats were in Bharatpur,Rajasthan from where they moved to Guna in MP about two centuries back and founded Jat Mohalla in Guna and settled there. There are about 20 families living in Guna. Some families moved to Indore where at present live 10 families.
ठाकुर देशराज  ने लिखा है ..... [पृ.557]: हमें यह खेद के साथ स्वीकार करना पड़ता है कि इंदौर जाने का हमें अवकाश प्राप्त नहीं हुआ। हालांकि होल्कर राज्य में भी जाटों का फैलाव है। अनेकों प्रमुख जाट घराने वहां पर हैं। उनके पास जागीरें भी है। नीमच के पास केसरपुरा के ठाकुर रामबक्ष जी के पास इस राज्य में एक गांव है। यहां के कई भाई अच्छे कौमी सेवक हैं। इनमें से अंताजी ठेठ इंदौर में ही रहते हैं। देहातों में कुछ एक के संबंध की संक्षिप्त जानकारी इस प्रकार है।
Indore Copper-plate Inscription of Skandagupta (465-466 CE)
- Perfection has been attained! May that Sun, the rich source of rays that pierce (the darkness which is) the envelope of the earth, protect you,— whom Brâhmans, of enlightened minds, (have recourse to) according to due rite, (and thus become) the utterers of praises in meditation, which are directed solely to him; whose limit, either vertically or from side to side, neither the gods nor the demons could ascertain; (and) by having recourse to whom, mankind, when they have lost control of themselves through much disease and agitation of the mind, acquire consciousness (again)!
- (Line 3.)— In the augmenting victorious reign of the Paramabhattâraka and Mahârâjâdhirâja, the glorious Skandagupta; in the year one hundred, increased by forty-six; (and) while the month Phâlguna is current for the increase of the enjoyment, in (the land of) Antarvêdî, of the Vishayaputi Sharvanâga, who has been accepted (with favour) by his feet;—
- (L. 5.)— The Brâhman Dêvavishnu, who belongs to the community of Chaturvêdins of Padmâ of the town of Chandrâpura,— who is the son of Dêva, (and) the son's son of Haritrâta, (and) the son of the son's son of Dudika; who always recites the hymns of the agnihôtra-sacrifice; who belongs to the Rânâyanîya (shâkhâ); (and) who is of the Varshagana gôtra,— for the increase of his own fame gives an endowment, (of which the interest is) to be applied to (the maintenance of) a lamp for the divine Sun, which has been established (in a temple) by the Kshatriyas Achalavarman and Bhrukunthasinha, merchants of the town of Indrâpura, on the east of the settlement, (and) , actually touching . . . . . . . .of the settlement of the town of Indrâpura.
- (L. 8.)— This gift of a Brâhman's endowment of (the temple of) the Sun, (is) the perpetual property of the guild of oil-men, of which Jîvanta is the head, residing at the town of Indrapura, as long as it continues in complete unity, (even) in moving away from this settlement. But there should be given by this guild, for the same time as the moon and the sun endure, two palas of oil by weight, (or in figures) by weight 2, uninterrupted in use, (and) continuing without any diminution from the original value.
- (L. 11.)— Whosoever shall transgress this grant that has been assigned,— that man, (becoming as guilty as) the slayer of a cow, (or) the slayer of a spiritual preceptor, (or) the slayer of a Brâhman, shall go down (into hell), invested with (the guilt of) those (well-known) five sins, together with the minor sins.
- From: Fleet, John F. Corpus Inscriptionum Indicarum: Inscriptions of the Early Guptas. Vol. III. Calcutta: Government of India, Central Publications Branch, 1888, 71-72.
Villages in Indore tahsil
Ambamolya, Ankya, Arandia, Aranya, Asakhedi, Asrawad Buzurg, Asrawad Khurd, Badia Hat, Badia Keema, Balya Kheda, Bangarda Bada, Baroda Daulat, Baroda Kara, Bawalya Buzurg, Bawalya Khurd, Begam Khedi, Berchha, Bhicholi Hapsi, Bhicholi Mardana, Bhokhakhedi, Bihdia, Bilawali, Bisan Khada, Bisanawada, Budhania, Burana Khedi, Chauhan Khedi, Chhitkana, Chikatiya, Dehri, Deoguradia, Dhamnay, Dharnawad, Dhaturia, Dhulet, Digwal, Dudhia, Fatan Khedi, Fulkaradiya, Garipipalya, Garya, Gehli, Ghudia, Goga Khedi, Gurda Khedi, Hansa Khedi, Hatod (NP), Higonya, Higonya Khurd, Indore (M Corp.), Jagmalpipalya, Jalod Keu, Jamburdi Hapsi, Jamnya Khurd, Jani, Jhalaria, Kacharod, Kajipalasiya, Kalaria, Kalmer Badi, Kalod Hala, Kalod Kartal, Kampel, Kanadia, Kapalya Khedi, Kevadia, Khandel, Kharadia Indore, Khatipiplya, Khatri Khedi, Khemana, Khudel Buzurg, Khudel Khurd, Kordia Barda, Lasudiya Anant, Lasudiya Mori, Limbodagari, Limbodi, Machla, Mali Badodia, Mali Khedi, Maya Khedi, Mirjapur, Moklai, Morod, Morodhat, Muhadi, Mundal Jetkaran, Mundi, Mundla Dosdar, Mundla Nayata, Nahar Jhabua, Nainod, Narlai, Nawda Panth, Nayapura, Nehru, Nignoti, Nihalpur Mundi, Nipanya, Palakhedi, Palda(CT), Panod, Pedmi, Phali, Pipalda, Pipalya Tafa, Piwday, Rajdhara, Ralamandal, Ramgarh, Ramu Khedi, Rangwasa, Rau (NP), Rinjlai, Rojadi, Sahu Khedi, Sanawadia, Sanawalya Khedi, Semalya Chau, Semalya Raimal, Set Khedi, Shahdadeo, Shakkar Khedi, Shakkar Khedi (Haran Khedi), Shiwni, Shri Ram Talawali (Kachra), Sindhi Baroda, Sindoda (Talawali Kachra), Sindodi, Sinhasa (CT), Songir, Songuradiya, Sonway, Sukhniwas, Talawali Chanda, Tigaria Badshah, Tigaria Rao, Tillor Buzurg, Tillor Khurd, Tinchha, Ujjaini, Umaria Khurd, Umri Kheda, Undal, Upadinatha,
- Subhash Sihag - Industrialist, Mob:9425055507
- Naresh Sihag - City President, Bharatiy Jat Kalyan Parishad, Mob:9893067158
- Dr Chandan Brale - Indore, Mob:9425311348
- Ch. Kisan Lal Sengwa - Adhyaksh Jat Panchayat Indore, Mob: 9303216191
- Ram Chandra Beda - Ex. Adhyaksh Jat Panchayat Indore,
- Ram Singh Soora - Adhyaksh Bharatiy Kisan Sangh Indore, Heer Singh Jat Soora Indore, Mob:9300963251.
- Shambhu Lal Jakhar - Jat Road Lines, Indore, Mob:9039538265
- Abhishek Beda - Pilot, Indore, Mob:7697701639, Om Prakash Beda, Indore, Mob:9826413031
- S S Jawla - Bharat Insecticides Ltd, Indore, Dy GM, Mob:9630030020, Email:firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Ram Niwas Jat Gwala - Asst Engineer CPWD, Indore, Mob:9425072239
- Satya Narayan Chavel - Indore, Mob:9754399300, 97550449300
- Hira Lal Naga - Indore, Mob:9926596696
- Kishan Singh Sengwa - Adhyaksh Jat Panchayat, Pardeshipura, Indore, Mob: 9303216191
- Rahul Jat - Gwala - Junior Engineer, Military Engineering Services, Mob: 9893193445
Back to Madhya Pradesh