Rapariya (रापड़्या) Raprya (रापड़्या) Raparia (रापड़िया)  Roparia (रापड़िया) Rapadiya Rapariya (रापड़िया) Rapadia (रापड़िया) Roperia (रोपड़िया) is gotra of Jats found in Haryana, Delhi & Punjab. It was part of Agnivansha Chauhans.
- 1 History
- 2 Sub divisions of Chauhan
- 3 Distribution in Punjab
- 4 Distribution in Haryana
- 5 Distribution in Rajasthan
- 6 Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
- 7 Distribution in Delhi
- 8 Notable persons
- 9 External links
- 10 References
Bhim Singh Dahiya has mentioned it in Chart showing the alleged Rajput descent of the Jat clans.  He clarifies that A clan gains political ascendancy, and other clans who support the ascendant clan, become part of a political confederacy. It was in this sense that the confederacies of Mor, Sakan, Kasuan, Oujar, Parmar, Chauhan, Rathors, etc. were formed. This does not mean that the members of the particular confederacy headed by a particular clan, were descendants or branches of the later ascendant clan. We are giving this chart with a view to draw attention to certain clan names, e.g. the Sakan (Sakan Sacae?) Khot (Got?) Hela (Hala? Hellenes) Rapadia (Arpad of Assyrian history, the present Tell R' fad ?). These apparent similarities with the ancient names of Asia Minor, have to be viewed in the context of many other identities given earlier regarding names of people and cities of that area and the Indian names, (see the chapter on Antiquity).
Sub divisions of Chauhan
Bhim Singh Dahiya provides us list of Jat clans who were supporters of the Chauhan when they gained political ascendancy. The Raparia clan supported the ascendant clan Chauhan and become part of a political confederacy.
Distribution in Punjab
Villages in Patiala district
Distribution in Haryana
Villages in Bhiwani district
Villages in Jind district
Villages in Hisar district
Villages in Kaithal district
Distribution in Rajasthan
Villages in Alwar district
Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
Also see village Rapadiya Huzur
Distribution in Delhi
- Mr S.S. Raparia - Govt Service, DGM (Phones) BSNL Communication & IT, Rohtak, 126, Sector-14, Rohtak Haryana, 01262-272700, 01262-275399, Haryana (PP-889)
- Ram Prakash Roperia -Lt Ram Prakash Roperia , son of Shri Bhal Singh was born in Pali village in Hisar District of Haryana. He was awarded the highest gallantry award in peace ‘Ashoka Chakra' for his act of bravery in Operation Blue Star (1984).
- Ankur Rapria: From Sonipat (Haryana), IRS ( IT ) -2016, M: +91 70421 91002
- Narendra Singh (Raparia) - From Jui Khurd (Bhiwani), Sr Administative Officer, office of Comptroller & Auditor General of India (CAG), New Delhi.
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. र-62
- O.S.Tugania:Jat Samuday ke Pramukh Adhar Bindu,p.58,s.n. 2146
- B S Dahiya:Jats the Ancient Rulers (A clan study), p.242, s.n.191
- Jats the Ancient Rulers (A clan study)/Appendices/Appendix I, p.316
- Jats the Ancient Rulers (A clan study)/Appendices/Appendix I, p.717
- Jats the Ancient Rulers (A clan study)/Appendices/Appendix I,p.316-17
- A glossary of the Tribes and Castes of the Punjab and North-West Frontier Province By H.A. Rose Vol II/J,p.375-76
- History and study of the Jats, B.S Dhillon, p.126
Back to Gotras