It is main village of Hooda Jats. Chauhan Jats founded the village. Prithvi Raj Chauhan’s son was Arade Chauhan. His grandson was Bihal and Ul’s fifth son Gegala founded the Sanghi village in 1263 AD. The name of village is based on river Sanghu that used to flow in this area. The village was founded after some years of origin of Hooda clan.
- Late Matu Ram Hooda - A prominent person in the times of Sir Chhotu Ram.
- Late Ch. Badlu Ram Hooda, noted freedom fighter and two time M L A, Punjab Legislative Assembly from Meham constituency.
- Late Choudhary Ranbir Singh Hooda - Freedom fighter, former MP, member of Constitution Committee, Minister in Punjab and then in Haryana Govts.
- Bhupinder Singh Hooda - Presently Chief Minister of Haryana.
- Deepender Hooda - Member, Lok Sabha, from Rohtak constituency.
- Late Dr. Sarup Singh - Former Vice Chancellor of Delhi University, former M.P. and former Governor of Gujarat.
- Samudra Singh Huda (Lance Havildar) - From Sanghi, Rohtak, Haryana, Martyr of Kargil war on 03 June 1999, Unit-18 Grenadiers
- Jat Varna Mimansa (1910), Author: Pandit Amichandra Sharma, Published by Lala Devidayaluji Khajanchi, pp.8-9
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Chapter X (Page 916-917)
- Jat Samaj: Agra, June 1996