Hooda (हूडा) Hudda (हुड्डा) Huda (हुडा) Hooda (हूदा) Hudha (हुढा) is gotra of Jats. They are found in Haryana, Madhya Pradesh Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan in India. They are among the oldest of the Jat Gotras.It is a branch of Chauhan. Hooda, Dabas and Dahiya gotras are all considered to have originated from the same stock so they observe bhaichara dealings among themselves. Hud clan is found in Afghanistan.
- 1 Origin
- 2 History
- 3 In Mahavansa
- 4 Hudda village near Quetta
- 5 Villages founded by Hudas
- 6 हुड्डा गोत्र का इतिहास
- 7 Hudda Khap
- 8 Distribution in Haryana
- 8.1 Villages in Rohtak district
- 8.2 Villages in Sonipat district
- 8.3 Villages in Jhajjar district
- 8.4 Villages in Hissar district
- 8.5 Villages in Ambala district
- 8.6 Villages in Faridabad district
- 8.7 Villages in Sirsa district
- 8.8 Villages in Bhiwani district
- 8.9 Villages in Panipat district
- 8.10 Villages in Jind district
- 8.11 Villages in Fatehabad district
- 9 Distribution in Rajasthan
- 10 Distribution in Punjab
- 11 Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
- 12 Distribution in U.P. state
- 13 Distribution in Gujrat
- 14 Notable persons
- 15 Gallery of Hooda people
- 16 External links
- 17 References
Ram Swarup Joon writes ...Hudda, Dabas and the Dahiya gotras are all brethren. No reference to Hudas is found in ancient history books. These people came to Haryana from Marwar along with the Dahiya clan. At present they have 24 villages near Rohtak.
Hukum Singh Panwar (Pauria)  states: Historians generally consider the Yaudheyas as only one tribe but to us they appear to be a confederacy comprising probably the Arjunayanas, the Mallavas, the Uddheyas or Uddhehikas (cf. A Cunningham, 1971:281) whose modern representatives may be the Hoodas (Uddhey) and Dahiyas (Y + uddhe + Dahiya = Yaudheyas) etc. However, our interest here is not to trace their history but only to establish the racial relationship of the Jats with them. The similarity of their physical features is not the only common feature between Jats of today and the Yaudheyas of yore.
Others believe that Hooda gotra originated from Palestine, a region of southwest Asia at the eastern end of the Mediterranean Sea and roughly coextensive with modern Israel and the West Bank. Occupied since prehistoric times, it has been ruled by Hebrews, Egyptians, Romans, Byzantines, Arabs, and Turks. Hooda have leadership qualities in their blood and this makes them similar to Hebrews. Hooda gotra exists in Iraq, Iran and Palestine, they have strong characteristics to influence others.
- "A similar phenomenon of a tribal feud in which even aliens range themselves under one faction or another has not altogether disappeared in the Rohtak and Delhi [P.12] districts, where the country-side is divided into two factions - Dahiya and Ahulanas: "the Gujars and Tagas of the tract, the Jaglan Jats of thapa Naultha, and the Latmar Jats of Rohtak joining the Dahiyas, and the Huda Jats of Rohtak . . . joining the Ahulanas." [P.13] 
H.A. Rose writes... Huda (हुडा), Suda (सुडा), a Jat tribe found in the Rohtak and Sampla tahsils. It claims Chauhan origin and descent from one Sudal, who settled some 35 generations ago in Rewari (where the people interchange s and h).
Mahavansa/Chapter 23 tells....In the Kulambari-district in the village Hundarivapi lived Tissa's eighth son named Sona. At the time when he was seven years old he tore up young palms; at the time when he was ten years old the strong (boy) tore up great palm-trees. In time Mahasona became as strong as ten elephants. When the king heard that he was such a man he took him from his father and gave him into the service of the prince Gamani that he might maintain him. Receiving honourable guerdon from him, the warrior took up his abode with him. (Hundarivapi→Hunda →Huda)
Hudda village near Quetta
Quetta (Hindi:क्वेटा, Urdu/ کوئٹہ, Pashtoکوټه) is a city and district in Balochistan Province, Pakistan. The ancient name of Quetta was Shalkot, a term by which it is still known among the people of the country. According to various historians Sialkot, Quetta and Ghazni were the capitals of the Madrakas since ancient times. Presently Jats of this clan are known as Maderna in Marwar region of Rajasthan. Sialkot in Mahabharata is mentioned as Shakala (शाकल).
Sabha Parva, Mahabharata/Book II Chapter 29, mentions the names Western Countries which Nakula had subjugated . ....And the mighty hero, proceeding thence to Sakala, the city of the Madras, made his uncle Salya accept from affection the sway of the Pandavas. The shloka 13 writes as follows about Madra king Salya:
The location of village Hudda in west of Quetta shows its antiquity. There is need to further research in this matte.
Villages founded by Hudas
- Budhrani Hudon Ki Dhani (बुधरानी हुडों की ढाणी) - village in Gudha Malani Tahsil of Barmer district in Rajasthan.
- Ghuskani (1177 AD),
- Hudo Ki Dhani (हुडों की ढाणी) - Village in Baytoo tahsil of Barmer district in Rajasthan.
- Hudon Ka Tala (हुडों का तला) - village in Gudha Malani Tahsil of Barmer district in Rajasthan.
- Hudon Ki Dhani Akdara (हुडों की ढाणी अकदरा) - Village in Baytoo tahsil of Barmer district in Rajasthan.
- Huron Ka Tala (हुडों का तला) - village in Chohtan Tahsil of Barmer district in Rajasthan.
- Khujati Khera,
- Khirwali (1182 AD),
- Loharri Tanda - village in Tehsil Tanda in district Rampur in Uttar Pradesh. In 1951 Ratan Singh Hooda founded it.
- Rajpura Hudan (राजपूरा हुडान) - village in Lunkaransar Tehsil of District Bikaner Rajasthan.
हुड्डा गोत्र का इतिहास
हुड्डा गोत्र का इतिहास जाट-रत्न  में प्रकाशित हुआ है. सांघी गाँव के डालाण पाने के भाट पँ. ओमप्रकाश के अनुसार हुड्डा गोत्र सूर्यवंशी है. इनके पूर्वज चौहान वंश में अग्र नाम के व्यक्ति थे. अग्र के पुत्र उदासीह थे जिनसे हुड्डा (ऊदा) गोत्र का प्रचलन हुआ. इनका निवास प्रारंभ में अलतकुण्ड (साम्भर) में था जहाँ से निकल कर इन्होने गढ़रेहड़ा (गोगामेड़ी) गाँव बसाया जहाँ गोगापीर का मेला लगता है. गढ़रेहड़ा से चलकर ये चित्रकूट बसे फिर वहां से छोड़ कर राजस्थान के जैसलमेर में चले गए. कुछ समय जैसलमेर रहकर अजमेर आ गए. परिवार बढ़ने से उदयसिह परिवार एवं पुत्र हरडा सहित घुसकानी गाँव में 'देववाला' तालाब के किनारे 'खुजाटी खेड़ा' गाँव बसाया. उदा की पत्नी का नाम घुमानी था जिसके नाम पर गाँव का नाम घुसकानी पड़ा. घुसकानी की नींव संवत 1230 (सन 1177 ) को रखी गयी थी. घुमानी हुड्डा गोत्रीय लोगों की दादी कहलाई तथा उसके पति उदा (हुड्डा) के नाम पर गोत्र का नाम हुड्डा पड़ा. इसके पांच साल बाद घुसकानी के एक कि.मी. उत्तर की तरफ विक्रमी संवत 1235 (सन 1182 ) में हुड्डा के पुत्र हरडा के चचेरे भाई फ़तेह सिंह ने खिडवाली गाँव बसाया. फ़तेह सिंह के दूसरे भाई ने यमुना की तरफ बल्लभगढ़ के पास दयालपुर गाँव बसाया.
Hudda Khap has 36 villages mainly in Rohtak district in Haryana. Its head village is Khidwali (खिड्वाली ), It has villages in Amritsar district -Budhala (बुढाला ), Kotli (कोटली), Sangodad (संगोदाद), Mehandipur (मेहंदीपुर ), . In Jalandhar district - Butala (बुटाला) and Jadiya (जड़िया). 
Distribution in Haryana
Sanghi is main village of Hooda gotra Jats in Rohtak district of Haryana. There are 7000 Hooda Jats in this village. These people came to Haryana from Marwar along with the Dahiya clan. At present they have 24 villages near Rohtak in Haryana.
Villages in Rohtak district
There are 14 villages with Hudda population:
Assan (आसणः), Bahmanwas (बाहमणवास), Basatpur (बसतपुर), Chamarian (चमारियाँ), Dhamar (धामड़), Ghuskani (घुसकाणी), Ghilod Kalan (घिलोड़ कलां), Humayupur, Jassia (जसैया), Jindran (जिन्दराण), Jodawali, Kahni, Khidwali (खडवाळी), Kiloi (कलोई), Moi Hooda (मोई हुड्डा), Mungan (मुंगाण), Rudki (रुड़की), Sanghi (सांघी), Bidota Polangi Kansala (कंसाळा - ½)
Villages in Sonipat district
Villages in Jhajjar district
Villages in Hissar district
Villages in Ambala district
Villages in Faridabad district
Villages in Sirsa district
Villages in Bhiwani district
Villages in Panipat district
Villages in Jind district
Villages in Fatehabad district
Distribution in Rajasthan
Locations in Jaipur city
Villages in Sikar district
Villages in Churu district
Villages in Hanumangarh district
Villages in Jodhpur district
Villages in Barmer district
Akdara, Alamsar, Alamsariya, Barmer, Bhadrai, Budhrani Hudon Ki Dhani, Chawanada, Chohtan, Dharasar, Garal (25), Hudasar, Hudo Ki Dhani, Hudon Ka Tala (t.Gudha Malani), Hudon Ki Dhani Akdara, Jaydoo, Kharapar, Khudasa (2), Korna, Kothala, Nokhra (35), Purawa, Rampura, Ratasar, Sobhala Jetmalan, Sodiyar,
Villages in Bikaner district
Villages in Tonk district
Villages in Nagaur district
Distribution in Punjab
Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
Distribution in U.P. state
Villages in Muzaffarnagar district
Villages in Rampur district
Distribution in Gujrat
Village in Mehsana district
- Ch. Badlu Ram Hooda was a great freedom fighter and two time MLA from Meham.
- Choudhary Ranbir Singh Hooda - Freedom Fighter
- Bhupinder Singh Hooda - Ex. CM Haryana
- Deepender Singh Hooda - MP ,Rohtak, Haryana,2009 & son of CM, Bhupendra Singh Hudda
- Neterpal Singh Hooda - Wrestler
- Ramdhan Hooda- H.A.U. Scientist in Green revolution
- Rajan Hooda - Global Head of E-Commerce
- Randeep Hooda - Actor
- Late Dr. Swaroop Singh Hooda- was a great educationist and Former Vice Chancellor of Delhi University. He was an M.P. and Governor of Gujarat.
- Shaheel Hooda - Joined CodeBaby in July of 2002 as its Chief Executive Officer.
- Sheila Hooda - Managing Director ,TIAA-CREF
- Pardeep Hooda - Haryana Jat Maha Sabha.
- Raj Singh Hooda, IFS, Haryana, 1969
- Anil Kumar Hooda, IFS, Haryana, 1985
- Nea Moolri Hooda, IFS, Haryana, 1985
- Bhipinder Singh Hooda , 14-2-1964, IFS, Maharashtra, 1990
- Ambika Hooda - From Rohtak, First woman aviation observer
- DAULAT RAM CHAUDHARY - Dy. Commandant BSF, Date of Birth : 1-June-1977, Village.- Rajpura Huddan, Teh.- Lunkaransar, Bikaner, Present Address : BSF ACADEMY TEKANPUR ,GWALIOR (MP), Resident Phone Number : 9752610100, Mobile Number : 9414425794, Email Address : email@example.com
- Vinod Kumar Hudda - VPO:bhadara, dist Hanumangarh, Rajasthan, Mob: 9461566322
- Hari Singh Hudda - VPO: Mehuwala, dist: Fatehabad, Mob:9068070553
- Rajendra Hooda - DFO Sikar,Mob:09414400164
- Dependra Singh Hooda - Lt. General Dependra Singh Hooda will assume charge as the General officer Commanding-in-Chief, Northern Command at Udhampur on June 1, 2014. He is a very experienced officer in dealing with counter insurgency operations while performing his duties in India and also abroad under U N peace keeping forces.
- Dr Chandraprakash hudda, - He is Medical Officer at Jhariya P.H.C. IN Churu district...he is from Khinwasar village of churu tehsil...
- Rahul Hudda - IAS-2014, Rank-60. 
- Samudra Singh Huda (Lance Havildar) - From Sanghi, Rohtak, Haryana, Martyr of Kargil war on 03 June 1999, Unit-18 Grenadiers
- Joginder Hooda: IRS (C & CE) 2011 batch, Posted at Vadodara, From Haryana posted in Gujarat, Husband of Veenus Chaudhary IAAS 2013 batch, posted in Gujarat, From Haryana, M: 7567908321
- Deepak Hooda- Winner Kabaddi World Cup-2016
Gallery of Hooda people
- Ram Swarup Joon: History of the Jats, Rohtak, India (1938, 1967)
Back to Gotras