Mirdha (मिर्धा) Mirda (मिरदा) is title of Jats found in Jodhpur region of Rajasthan. Dilip Singh Ahlawat has mentioned it as one of the ruling Jat clans in Central Asia.  Mardan/Marda/Mardi clan is found in Afghanistan. The Gotra of Mirdhas is Rad.
- Mrida (मृड) is name of a people mentioned by Panini in Ashtadhyayi. List of Shiva's thousand names includes - Mrida
- It is based on title Mirdha which was awarded by Maharaja of Jodhpur to people who used to distribute the royal post.
Maradha (मरधा) is a Mahabharata Tribe mentioned in 'geography' (VI.10.65). The Mahabharata Tribe - Maradha (मरधा) may be identified with Jat Gotra - Mirdha (मिर्धा) found in Jodhpur region of Rajasthan.
Marudha (मरुध) were Defeated by Sahdeva in the south (II.28.7), they may be the Madhka in Yudhisthira's army. Both 'Maru' and 'Mada' are found in inscriptions; could refer to Jodhpur and Jaisalmer states (modern Marwar). Marudhanva is a term for desert and Marudha may, derive from it.
Bhim Singh Dahiya writes that Mardha or Mirdha are the same as the Mardi of Herodotus and Amardi of Strabo. The word Mardi means “ Heroes”. Alexander defeated them in 330 B.C. between persepolis and the Persian Gulf.   The Mileds are the same as Mardic of Herodotus, the Marda Jats.
Distribution in Rajasthan
Locations in Jaipur city
Bagruwalon ka Rasta, C Scheme, Lalkothi, Mansarowar Colony, Shastri Nagar, Tonk Road, Vidyut Nagar,
Villages in Jodhpur district
Villages in Nagaur district
Villages in Hanumangarh district
- Ram Chandra Mirdha (born:18.9.1989 - ) (मास्टर रामचंद्र मिर्धा), from Kuchera (कुचेरा), Nagaur, was a Social worker in Nagaur, Rajasthan. 
- Ram Kishor Mirdha (राम किशोर मिर्धा), from Kuchera (कुचेरा), Nagaur, was a social worker in Marwar, Rajasthan. He is son of Ram Chandra Mirdha. He was a journalist and editor of Lok-Sudhar.
- राम नाथ मिर्धा, कुचेरा- मारवाड़ जाट कृषक सुधार सभा की प्रबंधकारिणी और कार्यकारिणी में रहकर आप ने जाट जाति की सेवा करके अपने को कृतार्थ किया है। 
- Ram Karan Mirdha (राम करण मिर्धा), from Kuchera (कुचेरा), Nagaur, was a social worker in Marwar, Rajasthan. He was a was a retired captain. 
- Baldev Ram Mirdha
- Ram Niwas Mirdha
- Harendra Mirdha
- Raghuvendra Mirdha
- Nathuram Mirdha
- Richpal Singh Mirdha
- Dr.Jyoti Mirdha - Elected to 15th Lok Sabha in 2009 from Nagaur (Raj.)
- Ms Tara Mirdha - Artist, O Y P Award Winner
- Padma Ram (Mirdha) - IRS, Home District : Nagaur. Mob - 9764798846
- Randheer Mirdha: RJS batch 2002, Add. Chief metropolitan magistrate-5 at Jaipur, from Nagaur, M: 9414284976
- B S Dahiya:Jats the Ancient Rulers (A clan study), p.241, s.n.146
- O.S.Tugania:Jat Samuday ke Pramukh Adhar Bindu,p.56,s.n. 2062
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. म-46
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Chapter IV, p.342
- An Inquiry Into the Ethnography of Afghanistan,H. W. Bellew, p.169
- V. S. Agrawala: India as Known to Panini, 1953, p.356
- तदैव मरधाश चीनास तदैव दश मालिकाः कषत्रियॊपनिवेशाश च वैश्यशूथ्र कुलानि च (VI.10.65)
- Jats the Ancient Rulers (A clan study)/The Antiquity of the Jats, p.298
- Rawlinson , op. cit. vol. I. P. 338
- Bhim Singh Dahiya, Jats the Ancient Rulers ( A clan study), p. 287
- Panini, VI, 2, 101
- Mahabharata , 6 / 9 / 94
- An Inquiry Into the Ethnography of Afghanistan, p.169
- Thakur Deshraj:Jat Jan Sewak, 1949, p.180-181
- Thakur Deshraj:Jat Jan Sewak, 1949, p.217
- Thakur Deshraj: Jat Jan Sewak, 1949, p.210
- Thakur Deshraj:Jat Jan Sewak, 1949, p.218
- Kisan Chhatrawas Bikaner Smarika 1994, p.130, sn 308
Back to Gotras