Bhim Singh Dahiya refers Rajatarangini which says that after defeating Yashovarman of Kannauj, king Lalitaditya Muktapiḍa of Kashmir created five new high offices of treasury, etc., and these offices were given to Shahi princes Shahi is again a Jat clan. Even Daṇehaka (the present Dhanchak Jats) is mentioned as Commander-in-Chief of Army.
According to Bhim Singh Dahiya the Gondal clan represents the “Go-nanda” dynasty of Kashmir, the Lohar jats are the descendants of the Lohar kings of Kashmir, just as the Lalli, the Sahi, the Balhara, the Bring, the Takhar, the Dhonchak, the Samil, the Kular, and so on represent the people mentioned in the Rajatarangini of Kalhana.
Distribution in Haryana
Villages in Panipat district
Villages in Sonipat district
Notable persons from this clan
- Man Mohan Dhochak - HCS Haryana. A-5, Officers Colony Sirsa Haryana, 01663-254005 (PP-1017)
- Dinesh Dhochak - Engineer
- Rajesh Kumar Dhochak (Havaldar ) - Ashoka Chakra on 26.1.2010, From Lath, Sonipat, Haryana, Martyr Kasmir valley
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. 24
- B S Dahiya:Jats the Ancient Rulers (A clan study), p.238, s.n.66
- O.S.Tugania:Jat Samuday ke Pramukh Adhar Bindu,p.42,s.n. 1095
- Jats the Ancient Rulers (A clan study)/Harsha Vardhana : Linkage and Identity,p.224
- Jats the Ancient Rulers (A clan study)/Introduction,p.xi
Back to Gotras