Alwar (अलवर) is a city and district in Rajasthan.
Tahsils in Alwar district
- Kishangarh Bas
- Mala Khera
Villages in Alwar tahsil
Achalpuri, Ahmadpur, Akbarpur, Alapur, Alwar (M Cl), Bader, Bahadurpur Patti Joriya, Bahadurpur Patti Kanugo, Bahadurpur Patti Katla, Bahadurpur Patti Meeran, Bahadurpur Patti Pahar, Bakhtpura, Bala Dahra, Baldeobas, Baleta, Ballana, Bandipura, Barh Bilandi, Barh Kesharpur, Barkhera, Barwara, Beejawar, Belaka, Bhadoli, Bhajeet, Bhajera, Bhakhera, Bhandodi, Bhandwara, Bharkol, Bhoogar, Bhoowaka, Bhurari, Bichpuri, Bijopur, Bilandi, Burja, Chand Pahari, Chandoli, Chandooki, Chhajurampura, Chikani, Chirkhana, Chomu, Dabli, Dada, Dadar, Dadhikar (Dadikar), Desoola, Dhahalawas, Dhakpuri, Dhanwala, Dharmpura, Dhokri, Dhola Palas, Dholi Doob, Dhoolpuri, Dilawarpur, Diwakari, Doomera, Gajeeka, Ghatla, Ghegholi, Goojooki, Goondpur, Gopalpura, Hajipur, Haldeena, Impipura, Indok, Indragarh, Itarna ( Rural), Jahar Khera, Jajor, Jamalpur, Jatiyana, Jatoli, Jhadoli, Jhareda, Kadooki, Kairwara, Kairwari, Kajakpur, Kakrali, Kakrali Jat, Kala Chhara, Kali Khol, Kali Pahari, Kalsara Alwar, Kalyanpura, Karoli, Kasba Dahra, Kemala, Kerwa Jat, Kerwawal, Kesharpur, Khanpur Jat, Khareda, Kharkhara, Kherka, Kherla, Kherli Pichnot, Kherli Saiyad, Kishanpur, Kithoor, Kraska, Kushalgarh, Kushalpura, Leeli, Liwari, Machri, Madhogarh, Maharajpura, Mahwa Kalan, Mahwa Khurd, Mala Khera, Mannaka, Manpura, Milakpur, Mirzapur, Mohabbatpur, Mojdeeka, Moreda, Mouriya, Mundiya, Mundiya Khera, Nadanheri, Nagla Charan, Nagla Samawadi, Naglasedoo, Nagli Jhamawat, Nagli Rajawat, Nagli Sad, Naharpur, Naharpur Kalan, Naithla, Nangal Heera, Nangal Jheera, Nangal Ratawat, Nangal Todiyar, Nangali Munshi, Nangla Jogi, Naurangabad, Navli Baldeopura, Nirbhaypura, Nithari, Pahara, Paitpur, Pala, Palka, Palkhari, Parisal, Parsa Ka Bas, Pathroda, Peela Dhawa, Peelwa, Poonkhar, Prithvipura, Raisees, Ramnagar, Rani Khera, Ratangarh, Ratwaka, Rayabka, Rogra, Roopbas, Rundh Bhakhera, Rundh Binak, Rundh Dadikar, Rundh Hajipur, Rundh Kushalgarh, Rundh Madar, Rundh Manch, Rundh Shahpur, Rundh Sirawas, Rundh Sundarwas, Sahanpuri, Sahori, Salpur, Salpuri, Samlat Chak, Sarangpura, Satana, Senthli, Shahpur, Shyodanpura, Siraska, Sirawas, Sirmoli, Siya Ka Bas, Sohanpur, Sotka, Sumel, Teharpur, Thekra, Todiyar, Toolera, Ulaheri, Umren,
V. S. Agrawala writes that Ashtadhyayi of Panini mentions janapada Sālva (शाल्व) (IV.2.135). It was confined to limited geographical horizon in the central and north eastern Punjab. Shalva may coincide with the territory extending from Alwar to north Bikaner. Salvas were ancient people who migrated from west through Baluchistan and Sindh where they left traces in the form of Śālvakāgiri, the present Hala mountain, and then advancing towards north Sauvira and along the Saraswati and finally settled in north Rajasthan.
According to legend, the Pandavas took shelter in this region during the thirteenth year of their exile.
In the mediaeval period, Alwar was an important military post of the Mughal Empire. During this period Alwar was used as an important base to launch attacks on the fort of Ranthambore. It also served as an important halting station for the Mughal Emperors during their journeys between Agra and Ajmer. During the later Mughal period, it was annexed by Maharaja Suraj Mal, the Jat ruler of Bharatpur. A Kachhwaha Rajput, Pratap Singh of Machheri, captured it from the Jats in 1775 and laid the foundation of a separate state of Alwar.
Prithviraja III's kaka Kanhadadeva was a great warrior. He was known as Kaka Kanha and present Alwar district's northern part, Sambhal and Moradabad were in his Jagir. He constructed a Shiva tenmple at Saraneshwara. Kanha'd damad was killed in war with Kutubuddin and his daughter named Bela became a sati. There is a temple of Bela in Sambhal where a fair is organized every year.
- K.L.Choudhary (Bhonkar) - Irrigation Deptt, Joint Director, Date of Birth : 13-December-1956, Home District : Alwar, Present Address : 38, Luv Kush Nagar-II, Tonk Phatak, Jaipur,Phone: 0141-2592970, Mob: 9414584613, Email: email@example.com
- Khem Singh Choudhary (Kasinwar) - Junior Engineer PHED , Date of Birth : 5-May-1970,Address : 3/736, Kala Kuan ,Housing Board, Alwar, Rajasthan. Phone: 0144-2348917, Mob: 9929869285, Email : Arun3.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manvendra Choudhary (Takas) - Central Excise & Customs , Date of Birth : 6-May-1962, Permanent Address : 40, Moti Dungri, Alwar, Present Address : 3/9, Agerwal Farm, SFS Mansarovar, Jaipur, Phone Number : 0141-2397159, Mob: 9414483965
- Ms Ashu Choudhary (Dudi) - RAS, Date of Birth : 16-April-1975, Permanent Address : 190, Mangal Vihar, Scheme No-5, Alwar, Rajasthan, Present Address : E-40, Sector-b, Malaviyanagar, Jaipur, Phone Number : 0141-2550579, Mob: 9413305233, Email: email@example.com
- Rajneesh Kundu - Technical Associate Tech - Mahindra, Date of Birth : 20-July-1983,A-145, Budh Vihar, Alwar, Present Address : C-154, Pocket-1, Kandriya Vihar-2, Sector-82, Noida (UP), Mob: 9999033379, Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ramesh Khairiya - Dy. Manager SBI, Date of Birth : 20-July-1962, B-75, Budh Vihar, Alwar Raj. Present Address : D-234, S.B.I. Officers Flats, Hasanpura, Jaipur,Phone Number : 0141-2450142, Mob: 9414447198
- प्रो. सी.एस.सांगा, पोली टैक्नीकल कॉलेज, 77 अलकपुरी, अलवर
- Satyendra Singh (): IPS, SP Sawai Madhopur, From Alwar, Rajasthan, M: 9829058100
- V. S. Agrawala: India as Known to Panini, 1953, p.55
- K. Devi Singh Mandawa, Prithviraja, p. 106
- http://www.swamikeshwanand.com/Donors%20List.aspx sn 459
Back to Places