Origin of the name
It was founded by Bhadu Gotra Jats. Bhadus had ruled in this area of Rajasthan. It is in west of Hisar. As per Imperial Gazeteer of India v-8, p-22, its population in 1901 was 2,651. Bhadra is also a Jat clan. Dilip Singh Ahlawat has mentioned it as one of the ruling Jat clans in Central Asia. 
Villages in Bhadra tahsil
1 Ams, 1 Bbm 1 Bhd, 1 Bhp, 1 Brw, 1 Chn, 1 Dpn, 1 Ggm, 1 Jgw, 1 Jsl, 1 Krp, 1 Mrn, 1 Msr, 1 Ntr, 1 Sdr, 2 Ams, 2 Barani, 2 Bbm, 2 Bhd, 2 Brw, 2 Chn, 2 Dpn, 2 Jgw, 2 Jsl, 2 Krp, 2 Mrn, 2 Msr, 2 Ntr, 2 Sdr, 3 Ams, 3 Bhd, 3 Brw, 3 Chn, 3 Dpn, 3 Ggm, 3 Jgw, 3 Jsl, 3 Krp, 3 Mrn, 3 Msr, 3 Ntr, 3 Sdr, 4 Ams, 4 Barani, 4 Bhd, 4 Brw, 4 Chn, 4 Dpn, 4 Jgw, 4 Jsl, 4 Mrn, 4 Msr, 4 Ntr, 4 Sdr, 5 Ams, 5 Barani, 5 Bhd, 5 Brw, 5 Chn, 5 Dpn, 5 Jgw, 5 Jsl, 5 Mrn, 5 Msr, 5 Ntr, 5 Sdr, 6 Ams, 6 Barani, 6 Bhd, 6 Chn, 6 Dpn, 6 Jgw, 6 Jsl, 6 Mrn, 6 Msr, 6 Ntr, 6 Sdr, 7 Ams, 7 Barani, 7 Bhd, 7 Dpn, 7 Jgw, 7 Jsl, 7 Mrn, 7 Msr, 7 Ntr, 7 Sdr, 8 Ams, 8 Barani (Rural), 8 Bhd, 8 Dpn, 8 Jgw, 8 Jsl, 8 Mrn, 8 Msr, 8 Ntr, 8 Sdr, 9 Ams, 9 Barani, 9 Bhd, 9 Jgw, 9 Jsl, 9 Mrn, 9 Msr, 9 Ntr, 9 Sdr, 10 Ams, 10 Jgw, 10 Jsl, 10 Msr, 10 Ntr, 10 Sdr, 11 Ams, 11 Bhd, 11 Jgw, 11 Msr, 12 Ams, 12 Jgw, 12 Msr, 13 Ams, 13 Jgw, 14 Ams, 14 Jgw, 15 Ams, 15 Jgw, 16 Ams, 17 Ams, 18 Ams, 19 Ams, 20 Ams, Ajeetpura, Alayla, Amarpura, Anoopshahar, Asan, Bhadi, Bhadra (M), Bhanai, Bhangarh, Bhangwa, Bhirani, Bibipura, Bojhla, Budher, Chanan, Chani Bari, Chobara, Dabri, Dhaka, Dhani Khokhran, Dhani Swamiyan, Dholpaliya, Dobhi, Doongarsinghpura, Dungrana, Gadhara, Gandhi Bari, Gadra, Gangasing Pura, Gheu, Ghotda, Ghotra Khalsa, Gunjasari, Hathi Pura, Hunatpura, Jagasari Bari, Jagasari Chhoti, Jatan, Jhiloda, Jhoradpura, Jogiwala Barani, Kalana, Kanau, Kanwarpura, Karanpura Barani, Kirara Bara, Kirara Chhota, Kunji, Malkas, Malkhera, Malsisar, Meghana, Mehliya, Mehriya, Mojana, Momanwas, Mothsaran, Mundariya Bara, Mundariya Chhota, Munsari, Ninana Bhadra, Nuwan, Pacharwali, Palri Bhadra, Rakhi, Rambas, Rampura Hanumangarh, Ramsara, Raslana, Ratanpura, Sagara Barani, Sardargarhia, Sikrodi Barani, Sherara, Shivdanpura, Shivpura Bas, Shyora Tada, Sooratpura, Utradabas, Sardargarhia,
According to Imperial Gazeteer of India v-8,p-22, the Bhadra tehsil was formerly the estate of one of the principal Thakurs ; but he was in constant rebellion against the Darbaris and was finally dispossessed in 1818. More than 44 per cent of the population were Jats at that time.
According to James Tod as mentioned in his book "Annals and Antiquities of Rajasthan (1829)" the Jangladesh region was inhabited by Jats or Jits, who had for ages been established in these arid abodes. At every stage of invasion to India the invaders had to encounter with the Jats of this region. At what period the Jats established themselves in the Indian desert is not known. By the 4th century they had spread upto Punjab in India.
Nearly the whole of the territory forming the boundaries of Bikaner was possessed by the six Jat cantons namely:—
Each canton bore the name of the community, and was subdivided into districts. Number of villages in each canton and Districts included in them were as under :
Political Influence of Jats
As more than 55% population of Bhadra tehsil consists of Jats so it is obvious that political scenario is totally dominated by Jats. Here is the list of winning MLA from Bhadra for the State Assembly since 1952.
1952 Hans Raj Arya
1967 Hans Raj Arya
1972 Gyan Singh Choudhry
1977 Lal Chand Dudi
1980 Gyan Singh Choudhry
1985 Lal Chand Dudi
1990 Lal Chand Dudi
1993 Gyan Singh Choudhry
1998 Sanjeev Beniwal
2003 Dr. Suresh Chaudhary
2008 Jaideep Dudi
2013 Sanjeev Beniwal
- Hans Raj Arya - Freedom Fighter
- Hardatt Singh Beniwal - Freedom fighter from Bhadra, Hanumangarh, Rajasthan.
- Harish Chand Sai - Asstt. Manager DENA BANK, Date of Birth : 15-September-1959,VPO-Bhadra, Hanumangarh, Present Address : 79/55,MANSAROWAR, JAIPUR, Phone : 0141-2783849, Mob : 9460866112, Email Address : email@example.com
- Vinod Kumar Hudda - VPO:Bhadra, dist Hanumangarh, Rajasthan, Mob: 9461566322
- चौ. अमरसिंह नेहरा पुत्र चौ. शिवजीराम भादरा, ग्रामोत्थान विधापीठ संगरिया को दान रू. 143000/- 
- Shiv Kumar Mahla: RJS 2002 batch posted at Degana, Nagaur, From Bhadra, Hanumangarh, Rajasthan, M: 9414264606
- Khubi Ram Chaudhary - हीरा सिंह चाहर के समय साथ-साथ श्री खूबीराम चौधरी, तहसील भादरा तथा श्री रघुवर दयाल बीकानेर निवासी को भी अपनी बीकानेर रियासत से निकाला गया था। यह देश निकाला इन क्रांतिकारियों के लिए निरुत्साह की अपेक्षा प्रेरणा का स्रोत बना। हीरा सिंह रियासत के सामने घिघियाने की अपेक्षा राष्ट्रीय स्वतन्त्रता को लक्ष्य मानकर मारवाड़ का रुख किया।
- Dilip Singh Ahlawat: Jat viron ka Itihas
- James Tod: "Annals and Antiquities of Rajasthan (1829)"
- http://www.swamikeshwanand.com/Donors%20List.aspx sn 93
- Hanumangarh District on flickr
- हनुमानगढ़ जिले की ग्राम सूची
- Geo Location of Bhadra
- Bhadra on ourvillageindia.org
- Imperial Gazeteer of India v-8,p-22
Back to Jat Villages