The full name of the gotra is 'CHAUDAHRANASAROHA' (14 in Hindi). Sagroha is a derivative of the word Saroha and exists as a separate gotra. Malak, Gathwala, Tank, Bura and Sagroha are the gotras of the same dynasty.
In popular Parlance, the Tank - Sarohas are mentioned together like 'Dahiya-Dabas' and 'Siddhu - Brar' combination). The Cities of Tonk, Sirohi are named after them. At one time, the entire Punjab was called Tank Desa. The reports of The Chinese pilgrims confirm this fact. Originally they were worshippers of the Snake-Garlanded form of Shiva. Hence they were called Nagas also.  
Sub divisions of Saroya
Bhim Singh Dahiya provides us list of Jat clans who were supporters of the Saroya when they gained political ascendancy. The following Jat clans supported the ascendant clan Saroya and became part of a political confederacy:: Kalerawan, Bhore, Hinjrawan, Saroya, Kajla, Ghanghas, Sarawat, Sori, Khot and Balra.
Distribution in Haryana
Villages in Sonipat district
Villages in Rohtak distict
Villages in Faridabad distict
Distribution in U P
Villages in Bagpat district
Villages in Muzzaffarnagar district
Distribution in Rajasthan
Villages in Tonk district
Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
They are found in Bhopal.
Distribution in Punjab
Villages in Hoshiarpur district
- Saroa is village in Mukerian tahsil in Hoshiarpur district in Punjab.
- Saroya is village in Mukerian tahsil in Hoshiarpur district in Punjab.
Villages in Nawanshahr district
Distribution in Pakistan
Saroya - The Saroya are found in Gujranwala, Lahore and Faisalabad.
- Dr. Ajit Singh Saroha, Barrister in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. One of the most educated and self-actualised persons around.
- Iqbal Singh Saroha - IPS Delhi
- Narender singh saroha _ software engineer from village Raad dhana
- RAJ singh Saroha (ASI) HARYANA POLICE
- Dr Vijay Saroha MBBS, MD (MAMC Delhi)
- Raghuvir Singh Shastri (Saroha)- Ex MP and Social reformer from Kakor Kalan in Bagpat district U. P.
- Sompal Singh Shastri (Saroha) - Ex MP, originally from Pakasma distt Rohtak and later migrated to Kakor Kalan in Bagpat district U. P.
- Umesh Saroha - young energatic and dynamic industrialist from village Raththana.
- Swami Swatantranand (स्वामी स्वतंत्रानंद) - Saroha Gotra
- Amit Kumar Saroha - Paralympia'n and Arjuna Awardee 2013 from Bayanpur village, Sonipat Distt, Haryana.
- B S Dahiya:Jats the Ancient Rulers (A clan study), p.243, s.n.210
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. स-102
- Jayaswal’s views on Bhara-Sivas
- Bhim Singh Dahiya, Jats the Ancient Rulers ( A clan study), p. 275
- A glossary of the Tribes and Castes of the Punjab and North-West Frontier Province By H.A. Rose Vol II/A,pp.27
- Jats the Ancient Rulers (A clan study)/Appendices/Appendix I,p.316-17
- A glossary of the Tribes and Castes of the Punjab and North-West Frontier Province By H.A. Rose Vol II/J,p.376
Back to Gotras