Budaun or Badayun (Hindi: बदायूँ, Urdu: بدایوں) is a city and district in the north-central Uttar Pradesh. Situated in Rohilkhand division of the United Provinces, The town is near the left bank of the river Sot.
- Lava (लावा) - Jat Gotra is found in Nagla Magola, Soniga Kheda in Badayun district.
- Gandhar - The Jats of Gandhar gotra are found in Raghunathpur district Badayun and in Aligarh district. 
- जाट संघ - श्री कृष्ण के वंश का नाम भी जाट था. इस जाट संघ का समर्थन पांडव वंशीय सम्राट युधिस्ठिर तथा उनके भाइयों ने भी किया. आज की जाट जाति में पांडव वंश पंजाब के शहर गुजरांवाला में पाया जाता है. समकालीन राजवंश गांधार, यादव, सिंधु, नाग, लावा, कुशमा, बन्दर, नर्देय आदि वंश ने कृष्ण के प्रस्ताव को स्वीकार किया तथा जाट संघ में शामिल हो गए. गांधार गोत्र के जाट रघुनाथपुर जिला बदायूं में तथा अलीगढ़ में और यादव वंश के जाट क्षत्रिय धर्मपुर जिला बदायूं में अब भी हैं.
- Badhautia - They are considered to be descendants of Lava (लव) , the son of Rama. A group of descendants of Lava was moving towards Ayodhya after Muslim attacks in North-west. Once this group camped at a place known as Sankura (सांकुरा). There was a struggle with the local chieftain, who was defeated. This republic was near Badayun. Out of these people four brothers moved from here with the idea to settle elsewhere. Two brothers settled near Sadabad. Two brothers thus settled halfway so they were known as adhaitia (अधैतिया) which later changed to Badhautia. 
- Naga - In Uttar Pradesh there are many villages of Naga Jats, some villages are - Rampuria, Khudaganj, Dharampur in the district of Badayun and Ahar in the District of Bulandshahr.
Tahsils in Budaun district
Villages in Budaun Tahsil
Aam Ganv, Abdulla Ganj, Achaura, Adauli, Ahirvara, Ahoramai, Ahruiya, Akhta Mai, Alampur, Allapur Bhogi, Allapur Chamari, Allipur Maththaiya, Ambiya Pur, Amiliya, Anguiya, Anni, Antuia, Arangabad Mafi, Arifpur Navada, Asisa Barkhin, Aspur, Asrasi, Atheia, Aurangabad Khalsa, Azamganj Mandhiya, Babat, Badal, Badarpur, Badaun (Bahar Chungi), Bahorpura, Bakarpur Khandhar, Bakhtpur, Balliya, Bamnausi, Bamni, Banei, Bangavan, Barachirra, Baramal Dev, Baramay Khera, Barate Gadar, Baraura, Bari Samspur, Barikhera Urf Sitabnagar, Barkhera, Barsua, Basant Nagar, Basia Kheda Lalbujhia, Basoma, Bastara, Behta Dambarnagar, Behta Eman, Bhadraulia, Bhadsia Bhamuiya, Bhagautipur, Bhainsora, Bhaisamai, Bhajpura, Bhakora, Bhansee, Bharkunia, Bhatauli, Bhinduliya Plasi, Bhojpur Narayanpur, Bhoora Bhadraul, Bhuria, Bibipur, Bichhaula, Bichhu Raiyya, Bihar Chanda, Binavar, Birautia, Bitroi, Bondari, Bucha Nagla, Budaun (MB), Budhvayee, Burra Farid Pur, Butla Daulat, Butla Khanjan, Byaur, Chamraulia 130 Rukhda Khaula, Chandan Nagar, Chandanpur Pukhta, Chandau, Chandaura, Chandaura, Chaudera, Chausinga, Cheelpura, Chhatuia, Churia, Dadmai, Dahemi, Dahemu, Dalva Shahida, Daranagar, Darav Nagar, Dauri Narottampur, Dhakia, Dhamei, Dhanupura, Dhaurera, Dhimri, Dilaur, Diori Jit, Diyaura Vaura, Dugraiyya Brahmpur, Dumaira, Dunde Nagar, Fakeerabad, Faridpur Chakolar, Faridpur Nausana, Faridpur Sani, Fatehpur, Fatehpur, Firozpur Eklahri, Gabhiyae, Gadaura, Gangaura, Gangpur Pukhta, Garhia Gangwarar, Garhia Mutalika Noorpur, Gathauna, Gauramai, Gauspur, Ghat Behti, Ghatiari, Ghatpuri, Gidhaul, Girdhar Pur, Gudhni, Gulariya, Gulariya (NP), Gunaura Vajidpur, Gurai, Gurgavan, Gurpuri Chandan, Gurupuri Binaik, Hadipur, Hajrat Ganj, Har Har Purnarsinghpur, Harnathpur Mutalika Urf Talgao, Harpalpur, Hasanpur, Hasanpur Huriyai, Hayat Nagar, Husainpur Karotia, Hussainpur Pukhta, Ikri Basiyani, Indrai, Isapur, Islamganj, Ismilepur, Itua, Jagat, Jaguvasai, Jaitpur Pukhta, Jajpura, Jakheli, Jalalpur, Jamrauli, Jhandpur, Jirauli, Jirauliya, Jyorapar Vala, Kachaura, Kachhla (NP), Kadar Chowk, Kadhauli, Kailee, Kakora, Kalpia, Kandela, Kanha Nagla, Karaulia, Karela, Kartoli, Kathra Khagei, Katinna Varchau, Kazipur, Khairpura, Khajurara Kham, Khajurara Pukhta, Kharkhauli Buzurg, Kharkhauli Khurd, Khaspur, Khera Buzurg, Khiria Bakarpur, Khiria Rahlu, Khunak, Khurvara, Kinarpur, Kisrua, Kotra Sarangpur, Kua Danda, Kuan Danda Kasimpur, Kudha Narsinhpur, Kunar, Kundeli, Kundeli Badullaganj, Kundra, Kunwar Gaon, Kunwargaon (NP), Kupri, Kur Khera, Kurau, Kurha Shahpur, Kusaina, Kuthia, Kutrai, Kutubpur Thara, Labhari, Lahi Faridpur, Lakhanpur, Lakhupura, Lalei, Laloopur Nagaria, Laluia, Lauaa, Loda Bahedi, Lohater, Machlai, Mai Ranjo, Maibuchan, Majhia, Majra Gangwarar, Mal Ganv, Malik Pur, Malikpur, Mallamai, Mallapur, Mamoorganj, Manakpur, Mankapur Saraura, Manpur Kulchaura, Masrara, Mausampur, Mauzampur Chhajju, Mauzampur Nehnagar, Midhauli Mirzapur, Mighonia, Mihauna, Mira Patti, Mirzapur, Mirzapur, Mohammad Ganj, Mohammd Pur, Mohanpura, Mongar, Mudiya, Mugarra Tatei, Muhammadi, Muhammadpur Vyar, Muhiuddin Nagar, Mujahidpur, Mullapur, Mungarra Jarasi, Musajhag, Nadauliya, Nagar, Nagauri, Nagla Barsunia, Nagla Sharki, Nagla Tayyab Pur, Nai, Naithu, Nanakhera Pukhta, Narau, Narau Buzurg, Narau Khurd, Narau Pasa, Nareli Mahaura, Narkheda, Nasrulla Pur, Nausana, Naushera, Navda Sulhara, Nekpur, Nidhanpura, Nijampur Majra Shekhupur, Nizamabad, Nizampur Majra Midauli, Nizampur Pachtur, Noorganj, Noorpur, Ojha, Pachtaur Mafee, Padauliya, Padauva, Palia Jhanda, Palia Menhdi, Palia Pukhta, Palpur, Pasei, Pataura, Patpara Ganj, Patsa, Peer Nagar, Phul Pur, Phulaincha, Phulasi, Pipraul Pukhta, Pir Battu, Puthi Sarai, Rafia Bad, Rahimuddin Nagar, Rahma, Raipur, Raipura, Rajala Mai, Ramzanpur, Ranau, Ranjhaura, Rasoolpur Bilhari, Rasulpur Pudhi, Rauli, Raushan Nagar, Reba, Rijauli, Rionaia, Rukhra Khaula, Rup Pur, Rupapur, Sadadher, Sadullapur Bhitara, Sahora, Sainjani, Sakhanu, Sakhanu, (NP) Sakri Jangal, Sakri Kasimpur, Salarpur, Salempur, Sanai, Sanjarpur Baljit, Sanjarpur Gulal, Sarai Swaleh, Sarakpur Subhanpur, Sarauta, Sarki, Shekhupur, Shikrapur, Sigoe, Sigraura, Sikandra Bad, Sikrodi, Silhari, Simaria, Simra, Sirsa Pavari, Sirsadher, Sirsauli, Sisaiya, Siwaya Hamidpur, Sobhanpur, Sukatia, Sundar Nagar, Sundrayan, Surajpur, Surkha, Takipur, Tataarpur, Terha, Thalia Nagla, Tilokpur, Tisanga, Titauli, Udmai, Ughaini, Ujhani (MB), Ujhani Grameen, Ujhauli, Unaula, Upraira, Usaihata, Utarna, Vangarh, Vilhat, Yusuf Nagar,
- Malaya who ruled Malva named after their gotra.
- Arjunayana who ruled Mewat and Jaipur;
- Yaudheya whose rule included Bikaner and Bahawalpur;
- Madrak whose capital was Sialkot;
- Abir who ruled Badaun, and the Betwa Basin now called Ahirwara;
- Vir Arjun clan who ruled Narisinghpur;
- Sankanika who territory was present Gwalior;
- Karaskar rule extended into present Mathura, Aligarh (there are 80 villages of these Jats in this area at present) and Kharparika.
Budaun is holy land of Great Sufi Saint's, Auliya, Wali and Peer's as well as a place of izarat's. According to Prof. Goti John this city was named "BEDAMOOTH" in an ancient inscription (stone writeup) which is now in Lucknow Museum. In that Period this province was known as Panchal. According to a line of that Stone Writeup there was a village “BHADAUNLAK” near it. Muslim Historian Mr. Roz Khan Lodhi said that King Ashoka Built a Buddh Vihar & Kila and he named it BuddhMau. Geographically BUDAUN City is located near Holy River GANGA, at Lattitude 28 Degree 02 Minute 30 Second East & Longitude 79 Degree 01 Minute 20 Second North on Globe. Length of District is 144 Km. & Width is 60 Km. And Total area of District is 5168 Sq. Km. Budaun City is 235 Km. From Delhi & 311 Km. From Lucknow. Budaun has average elevation of 169 metres (554 feet).
There are ruins of an immense fort and a very handsome mosque of imposing size, crowned with a dome, and built in 1223. According to tradition, Budaun was founded about 905, and an inscription, probably of the 12th century, gives a list of twelve Rathor kings reigning at Budaun (called Vodamayuta).
Vodamayuta (Budaun) inscription
Back to Uttar Pradesh