Dookya (डूक्या)/Dukya (डुकिया) Dhukiya (ढुकिया) Dhukya (ढुक्या) Dukiya (डूकिया) Daukiya (डऊकिया) Daukia (डऊकिया) is gotra of Jats in Rajasthan, Haryana and Madhya Pradesh. Bhamu, Dookiya and Dotasra consider descended from common ancestor and were integral part of Tomar Confederacy.
- 1 Origin
- 2 History
- 3 Villagers founded by Dookya clan
- 4 Distribution in Rajasthan
- 4.1 Locations in Jaipur city
- 4.2 Villages in Jaipur district
- 4.3 Locations In Jodhpur
- 4.4 Villages in Jodhpur district
- 4.5 Villages in Sikar district
- 4.6 Villages in Churu district
- 4.7 Villages in Nagaur district
- 4.8 Villages in Barmer district
- 4.9 Villages in Jalore district
- 4.10 Villages in Jaisalmer district
- 4.11 Villages in Pali district
- 4.12 Villages in Hanumangarh district
- 4.13 Villages in Tonk district
- 4.14 Villages in Bhilwara district
- 4.15 Villages in Alwar district
- 4.16 Villages in Ajmer district
- 5 Distribution in Haryana
- 6 Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
- 7 Notable persons from this gotra
- 8 Gallery of Daukiya people
- 9 External links
- 10 References
Tokat (also called Dokia) is the capital city of Tokat Province of Turkey in the mid-Black Sea region of Anatolia, modern Turkey. It is located at the confluence of the Tokat River (Tokat Suyu) with the Yeşilırmak. Geographical name changes in Turkey have been undertaken, periodically, in bulk from 1913 to the present by successive Turkish governments. Ancient name Dokia changed to present Tokat. It is probable that Jat clan Dukiya were rulers of the area and gave name to the region and the Tokat River.
Villagers founded by Dookya clan
- Dookiyasar (डूकियासर) - village in Degana tehsil of Nagaur district in Rajasthan.
- Dookiyo Ki Dhani (डूकियों की ढाणी) - village in Tahsil Merta of district Nagaur in Rajasthan.
- Daukiyon Ka Tala (डऊकियों का तला) - village in Pachpadra Tahsil of Barmer district in Rajasthan.
- Daukiyon Ki Dhani (डऊकियों की ढाणी) - Villages are in Barmer and Pachpadra tahsils of Barmer district in Rajasthan.
- Davkiyon Ki Dhani (डवकियों की ढाणी) - village in Ramsar Tahsil of Barmer district in Rajasthan.
- Godras (गोदरास)- village in Didwana tehsil of Nagaur district in Rajasthan.
- Dookiyon Ka Khera (डूकियों का खेड़ा) - village in Kotri tahsil in Bhilwara district in Rajasthan.
- Kheri Dookiya (खेड़ी डूकिया) - village in Laxmangarh tahsil, Sikar district in Rajasthan.
- Dukiyo ki Dhani (डूकियों की ढाणी)- village- Tyod in Roopnagarh tehsil, Ajmer district in Rajasthan.
Distribution in Rajasthan
Locations in Jaipur city
Barkat Nagar, Chandpol, Diggi, Hasanpura, Hasanpura (Sanganer), Jhotwara, Pratap Nagar, Sanganer, Sanganer, Vasundhara Colony,
Villages in Jaipur district
Locations In Jodhpur
Paota, Shastri Nagar,
Villages in Jodhpur district
Villages in Sikar district
Villages in Churu district
Villages in Nagaur district
Bachhwari, Barangana, Bhawasiya, Chanda Roon, Dhyawa, Dukion Ki Dhani, Dookiyo Ki Dhani, Dookiyasar, Firozpura, Godras, Gotan, Gunsali, Harsolav (10), Jakhera, Jayal, Jeejot, Kalwa, Jorawarpura, Khunkhuna, Kuchera, Mandawara Nawa (1), Manglod, Mundwa, Midiyan, Nagaur, Odint, Phirod, Ratangarh, Sadokan, Silanwad, Suwadiya, Tangli,
Villages in Barmer district
Barmer, Bataru, Baytoo Bhimthal, Daukiyon Ka Tala (t.Pachpadra), Daukiyon Ki Dhani (t.Pachpadra), Daukiyon Ki Dhani, Davkiyon Ki Dhani (t.Ramsar), Ghasi Ka Bas, Jaydoo, Jhakh Barmer, Karaliya, Khadeen, Korna, Kundawa, Old Jatwas, Ramsar, Shivji Nagar
Villages in Jalore district
Villages in Jaisalmer district
Villages in Pali district
Villages in Hanumangarh district
Villages in Tonk district
Villages in Bhilwara district
Villages in Alwar district
Villages in Ajmer district
Distribution in Haryana
Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
Villages in Mandsaur district
Villages in Khargone district
Villages in Ratlam district
Villages in Ratlam district with population of this gotra are:
Villages in Sehore district
Notable persons from this gotra
- Ramdan Dookiya - Freedom fighter and Social reformer
- Lal Singh Dookiya (चौधरी लालसिंह डऊकिया), from Kharin (खड़ीन), Barmer, was a an administrator and social worker in Barmer, Rajasthan. He is second son of Ram Dan Dookiya, a great social reformer, an educationist, friend and well wisher of farmers in Marwar, Rajasthan.
- Ganga Ram Chaudhary - Freedom fighter, Social reformer and Minister in Rajasthan
- Keshari Mal Dookiya - केशरी मल डूकिया, बाड़मेर- मारवाड़ जाट कृषक सुधार सभा की प्रबंधकारिणी और कार्यकारिणी में रहकर आप ने जाट जाति की सेवा करके अपने को कृतार्थ किया है। 
- R. K. Dukya - Asstt.Commissioner (Retd) Commercial Taxes, Date of Birth : 14-January-1943, Village - Hasampura, PO- Neota,Teh- Sanganer, Distt- Jaipur Present Address : 136-A, Vasundhra Colony, Tonk Road, Jaipur, Phone Number : 0141-2706049, Mob : 9829893344
- Amarjeet Singh (Dukia) - Inspector State Excise, Date of Birth : 13-September-1965, VPO- Neem Ka Thana, Distt.- Sikar, Present Address : Pradhan ji ka Jav, Behind Mahavir Rodi Factory, Sikar, Phone Number : 01572-243226, Mob: 9414038226
- Bhikha Ram Daukiya, Dungar Ram Daukiya, Kundawa, Gudha Malani Tahsil, who lost life in struggle against Jagirdars
- Mahendra Singh Chaudhary (Daukiya) - IPS from village Kharin (Barmer), DOB:1-7-1961
- Amar Singh Chaudhary Daukiya - RPS from village Kharin (Barmer), DOB:-2-1930
- Ladu Ram Daukia Bishnoi - elected in Rajasthan Assembly as BJP MLA-2013 from Gudha Malani constituency, Barmer
- Chetan Chowdhary- Son of Shri Kesarimal Ji Daukia. Comes from village Khadin, Barmer. Retired E.O. Muncipality. DOB- 01-01-1955
- Sanjeev Daukia - Assistant Manager(Bharat Petroleum) , PGDM(IIM INDORE). Son of Chetan Chowdhary, Great grandson of Shri Ramdan Dookiya. Origin-Barmer, DOB:- 1-10-1983
- Kan Singh Dookiya (Hav) (13.11.1961 - 05.08.1999), Sena Medal, was Martyr of Kargil War from Rajasthan. He became martyr on 05.07.1999 during Operation Vijay in Kargil War with Pakistan. He was from village Dhyawa, tah: Ladnu, Nagaur district, Rajasthan. Unit: 11 Rajputana Rifles.
- Bajrang Lal Dukiya (Subedar) (20.06.1976-26.05.2022) became martyr of militancy on 26.05.2022 during patrolling duty on LOC in Kashmir at Machil sector in Kupwara district of Jammu and Kashmir. He was from village Phirod, tahsil Nagaur in Nagaur district of Rajasthan. Unit: 15 Jat Regiment
Gallery of Daukiya people
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. ड-3
- O.S.Tugania:Jat Samuday ke Pramukh Adhar Bindu,p.42,s.n. 1051
- O.S.Tugania:Jat Samuday ke Pramukh Adhar Bindu,p.42,s.n. 1010
- Thakur Deshraj:Jat Jan Sewak, 1949, p.215-216
- Thakur Deshraj: Jat Jan Sewak, 1949, p.209
Back to Gotras