Dudi (डूडी) Dudee (डूडी) Duddy (डूडी) Doodee (डूडी) Doodi (डूडी) Dundi (डूंडी) Dundiya (डूंडिया) is gotra mainly found in Jats of Rajasthan, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh in India. Dudi gotra is also found in Bhati Rajputs, Sikhs, Muslims, Buddhists and Bishnois. A slight variation of the name, Dhudhis are found in Pakistan.Dhudhi (ढूढी), Dhuḍhi, is a tribe of Muhammadans found in Pakpattan tahsil, Montgomery district, and akin to the Raths. In this district it is classed as Rajput, Jat, Arain, and in Shahpur as Jat. In Montgomery the Dhudhi Hutiāna rank as Rajputs. 
Dudis are considered to be the descendents of Duda Rishi. Others believe the clan to be descended from a Jat named Duda. Some people believe that this clan has derived its name from Dudhi plant while still some others are of the view that Dudi gotra started from village named Dudiya Kheda 
Villages founded by Dudi clan
- Bukansar Bara (बुकनसर बड़ा)- village in Sardarshahar Tehsil of Churu district in Rajasthan.
- Dudiyo Ki Dhani (डूडीयो की ढाणी) - Village is in Barmer tahsil of Barmer district in Rajasthan.
- Doodiyon Ki Dhani (डुडियों की ढाणी) - village in Nawalgarh tehsil of Jhunjhunu district in Rajasthan.
- Doodiya Kalan - village in Gudha Malani Tahsil of Barmer district in Rajasthan.
- Doodiyali (डूडियाली) - village in Lunkaransar tehsil of Bikaner district in Rajasthan.
- Doodi Talai - village is in the district Chittorgarh in Rajasthan.
- Sitsar (Churu): Sita Ram Dudi founded Sitsar in 1365.
- Dudi Nagar (डूडी नगर) - village in Bhopalgarh tahsil of Jodhpur district in Rajasthan.
- Gajsar (गाजसर) - village in Churu tehsil of Churu district of Rajasthan was founded by Gaja Dudi in year 568 AD.
- Kalwa Bara (Nagaur) - village was founded by Kaluji Dudi.
- Sahjoosar (सहजूसर) - village in Churu tehsil of Churu district of Rajasthan was founded by Sahja Dudi in year 568 AD.
Dudi rulers in Rajasthan
Dudi Jats had ruled in Rajasthan. The Dudis are considered to be originated from Pushkar in Ajmer and ruled Didwana, Sambhar Lake, Nagaur area for 30 generations before the rule of Muslims and Rajputs. Raja Dharmpal Dudi ruled Didwana 25 generations ago in Dudi Nagavansh. Dudis founded the town Didwana in Nagaur district of Rajasthan and it was their capital.
- Nakh - Chauhan
- Vansha - Agni
- Varna - Kshatriya
- Gotra - Sribachh
- Mata - Jeenmata (worshipped on Shukla paksha 8)
- Dada - Beegaji (worshipped on bhadwa badi 6)
Rao Chhotu Singh provides information that Rao Dedraj Ji in Chauhan vansha founded village Didiyasar (डीडीयासर). Dudi Gotra is said to get name after Rao Dedraj Ji. Chaudhari Devsi Dudi left Didiyasar in samvat 1290 (1233 AD) and came to village Jal (जल). Chaudhari Gajsi Dudi left village Jal in samvat 1352 (1295 AD) and founded village Gajsar. Chadhari Sitram Dudi left village Gajsar in samvat 1422 and founded village Sitsar on baisakh sudi teej samvat 1422 (1365 AD).
Dharmpal Singh Dudee has obtained information from Badwa of Dudis. Dudi people are said to have lineage with Gogaji and Jujhar Singh. As per Badwa the origin of Dudi is from Chohan Sakal (?) - Sambhar - Ajmer - Didwana. Father of Gogaji Moved from Didwana to Dadrewa. He could not able to confirm any names. some Rajput move out from Dadrewa are Dudi now write Dadarwal. Dodiya/Dudiya Dods Rajput Sampwant (?) of Chohan are also Dudi. Sekhsaria Jats from Sekhsar are also Dudi but write Sekhsaria. Some other Gotras with Chohan link have are sister gotra of Dudi. We have to find common origin. One Burdak village founded by a Dudi but not a single Dudi now all Burdak now. There are so many other villages founded by Dudi but not a single Dudi now.
According to the Badwa records of Dudis, Gajsar village in Churu district of Rajasthan was founded by Gaja Dudi in samvat 625 (568 AD). Gaja Dudi's brother was Sahja Dudi who founded Sahjoosar in present Churu district. There is one old fort at Gajsar. Gaja Dudi's daughter was Abhal De who was a brave lady and is said to be married to Mangal Saran of Bharang. All Dudis are said to be migrated from Gajsar.
Kalwa Bara village in tehsil Makrana of Nagaur district in Rajasthan was founded by Kaluji Jat of Dudi gotra. The tamrapatra of Jagir of Kalwa was given to Kaluji Dudi by Delhi Sultnate. Kaluji built many ponds, developed gochar lands and dug a Bera (still present) named Dhala in his Jagir. Kaluji had two sons Ashaji and Dedaji. Their descends are called Ashawat Dudi and Dedawat Dudi. After their death the Meratias of Borawad invited Dudis on feast and killed many of them and occupied the Jagir of Kalwa. The remaining Dudis moved to other parts of Rajasthan, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Punjab etc. Some Dudis moved to far off Dhanis in Kalwa region.
Dudis also founded Dhundhar and Dudiya Khera towns in Jaipur region. There are number of villages of Dudis in Nagaur, Bikaner, Barmer, Jaisalmer, Hanumangarh and Chittorgarh in Rajasthan. After the Jat kingdom of Rajasthan was taken over by the Rajputs, Some Dudis moved to Haryana and settled in villages around Bhiwani, Jhajjar and Hisar districts.
Dudis were also in the army of Maharaja Suraj Mal. After wars with Muslims in Delhi they moved to jungle areas towards Jhajjar and Rewari. The East of Yamuna was also over populated so they moved westward.
Dudis in Sindh
The Dudi people were old rulers of Khokara Kot, an ancient kingdom of Aryan times. There are many Dudee Gotra villages in Sindh.
Distribution in Rajasthan
Locations in Jaipur city
22 Godam, Ambabari, C-Scheme, Dev Nagar, Dookana (Jahota), Ganesh Colony (Khatipura), Ganpati Nagar, Hasanpura, Jhotwara, Jyoti Nagar, Khatipura, Kishanpol, Kishanpol Bazar, Mahesh Nagar, Mansarowar Colony, Murlipura Scheme, Purani Basti, Queens Road,
Villages in Jaipur district
Akhepura, Bhooratiya (1), Bichi (1), Dhamana (29), Hirnoda (10), Kakarda, Kudli (11), Madanpura (3), Mandaliya (6), Norangpura Sewa (8), Rasili (6), Tootoli (1), Udaipuria, Dudu, Mangalwara Sholawata,
Villages in Jodhpur district
Banar Jodhpur, Baori, Bhoja Kor, Bilada, Dudi Nagar, Dudiyo Ki Dhani, Jodhpur, Kagal, Kuri, Falaudi, Hiradesar, Lordiyan, Merasiya, Masooriya, Pipad, Ramrawas Khurd, Ratkudia, Salwa Kalla, Sargiya Kalan, Sathin, Tabadiya Khurd,
Villages in Sikar district
Villages in Nagaur district
Bachhwari, Barnel (Parbatsar), Beechawa, Chui, Dabriya, Degana Ganw, Deh, Gachhipura, Gigaliya, Goredi Karna, Kalkala Ki Dhani, Kalwa, Lalas, Ladnun, Mandukara, Mithariya, Ranigaon, Rajendra Dudi, Rawaliyawas, Sarunda,
Villages in Churu district
Badabar (15), Bamania (7), Bas Dhakan, Bidasar, Chhabri Meethi (1), Dalman (4), Gajsar, Hamirwas, Khadyalo, Kusumdesar (100), Maihnsar (1), Parihara, Poti Churu, Rajiasar (2), Ratangarh (10), Rukhasar (1), Shehla (1), Sitsar (300), Surjansar,
Villages in Barmer district
Villages in Jalore district
Villages in Jaisalmer district
Villages in Bikaner district
Villages in Hanumangarh district
Villages in Ganganagar district
Villages in Jhunjhunu district
Villages in Sri Ganganagar district
Villages in Tonk district
Villages in Chittorgarh district
Villages in Pali district
Villages in Alwar district
Villages in Bhilwara district
Villages in Kota district
Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
Bhopal, Nasrullaganj (Sehore),
Villages in Harda district
Adampur, Ajnai, Ajnas Ryt, Atarsama, Baidi, Bamnai, Barnga, Bichhola, Bichhapur, Dagawan Neema, Dhani Tajpura, Harda, Kadola Ubari, Kartana, Kunjargaon, Kusia, Oshopuram, Rundlay, Ratatalai, Sontalai, Timarni,
Villages in Mandsaur district
Villages in Nimach district
Villages in Ratlam district
Barbodana 3, Dantodiya 3, Dhaunswas 34, Dodiana 3, Ghatwas 2, Hanumanpalia 4, Kalori 1, Kalori khurd 1, Kanser 1, Kunwajhagar 1, Mundari 3, Namli 3, Ramgarh Chaudawas 3, Ratlam 1, Shaka Khedi 1, Sikhedi 1, Umar thana 1,
Villages in Sehore district
Villages in Dhar district
Villages in Dewas district
Distribution in Haryana
Villages in Bhiwani district
Villages in Jhajjar District
Villages in Rewari District
Villages in Sirsa District
Villages in Fatehabad district
Villages in Hisar District
Villages in Kaithal District
Distribution in Punjab
Villages in Moga district
Distribution in Pakistan
- Gaja Dudi (568 AD) - Gajsar (गाजसर) - village in Churu tehsil of Churu district of Rajasthan was founded by Gaja Dudi in year 568 AD.
- Chaudhari Devsi Dudi (1233 AD) - who left Didiyasar in samvat 1290 (1233 AD) and came to village Jal (जल).
- Chaudhari Gajsi Dudi (1295 AD) - who left village Jal in samvat 1352 (1295 AD) and founded village Gajsar.
- Chadhari Sitram Dudi (1365 AD) - who left village Gajsar in samvat 1422 and founded village Sitsar on baisakh sudi teej samvat 1422 (1365 AD).
- Karmabai (20.8.1615 - 1691) - was a famous Jat woman popularly known as Bhakt Shiromani Karmabai. She was a strong devotee of Lord Krishna.
- Sant Harji Ram - Nanakpanthi sadhu writer village Takooberi (Barmer), has written 206 bani- sakhi of gurugaranth sahib. His guru was maharaj chanandas.
- Budh Ram Dudi - Freedom Fighter
- Prem Pratap Singh (Dudi)- Retd. Rajasthan Higher Judicial Services
- Shobha Singh Dudi- Zila Pramukh, Hanumangarh
- Jeet Ram Dudi - Ex-MLA, Rajasthan
- Jaideep Dudi - Ind.MLA from Bhadra,Hanumangarh
- Kamal Patel - Politician BJP, MP
- Dharmpal Singh Dudee - Author
- Surajbhan Singh Dudi - Editor, Jat sewak
- Lal Chand Dudi - Ex. Minister, Govt.of Rajasthan
- Jetha Ram Dudi - Social worker from Biramsar village in Bikaner district in Rajasthan.
- Rameshwar Lal Dudi - M P Lok Sabha (1999), Pradhan, Bikaner
- Ram Narayan Dudi - Cabinet Minister Rajasthan from village Ratkudia in Rajasthan
- Rupa Ram Dudi - Cong MLA from Didwana ,Nagaur elected in 2009
- Babu Lal Doodi-Manager in Eicher motors Ltd from village Minda in Nagaur,Rajasthan
- Chandra Prakash Dudi - Nagaur
- Rajendra Singh Dudi - RAC/s SERVICES, Bikaner, Phone Number : 0151-2251159, Mobile Number : 9413301238
- Asha Ram Dudi - RAS, Home district Nagaur. Present Address : Prakash Dudi, Infront of Maha Vishnu Mandir, Jawahar Nagar, Loha Garg Road, Ajmer, Rajasthan. Resident Phone Number : 01539-225001, Mobile Number : 9460948989
- D. C. Dudi - Date of Birth : 10-August-1964, HOD( Geography) Department, VPO Hamirwas, Rajgarh Churu, Present Address : 51/188, Aman villa, Mansarovar, Jaipur, Mobile Number : 9414462203
- Sher Singh Doodi - X.En (Retd.) I.G.N.P , Date of Birth : 14-July-1946, Permanent Address : 95, Laxminagar ,Jodhpur, Phone: 0291-2541058
- K.R. Choudhary (Dudi) - Railways, X.En., Date of Birth : 22-July-1965, VPO.- Kotkasim, distt.- Alwar, Present Address : 276/A, Officer Colony, Ganpati Nagar Railway Jaipur. Phone Number : 0141-2759285, Mob: 9001195222
- Ms Ashu Choudhary (Dudi) - RAS, Date of Birth : 16-April-1975, Permanent Address : 190, Mangal Vihar, Scheme No-5, Alwar, Rajasthan, Present Address : E-40, Sector-b, Malaviyanagar, Jaipur, Phone Number : 0141-2550579, Mob: 9413305233, Email: email@example.com
- Sohan Ram Dudi - Ret SGT Indian Air Force ,Jodhpur, VPo.- Kagal, teh.- Bhopalgarh , Distt.- Jodhpur, Present City : Jodhpur, Rajasthan.
- Bhauma Ram Dudi, Village: Chokhla, Baytu tahsil, who lost life in struggle against Jagirdars in 1961
Gallery of Dudi people
- O.S.Tugania:Jat Samuday ke Pramukh Adhar Bindu,p.41,s.n. 1052
- O.S.Tugania:Jat Samuday ke Pramukh Adhar Bindu,p.42,s.n. 1052
- Jat History Thakur Deshraj/Chapter IX,p.695
- A glossary of the Tribes and Castes of the Punjab and North-West Frontier Province By H.A. Rose Vol II/D, p.240
- Dr Mahendra Singh Arya, Dharmpal Singh Dudee, Kishan Singh Faujdar & Vijendra Singh Narwar: Ādhunik Jat Itihas, p. 249
- Rao Chhotu Singh Village - Dadia, Tahsil - Kishangargh, District - Ajmer Rajasthan, Phone: 01463-230349, Mob: 09001329120
- dharmpal dudee <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Laxman Ram Mahla - Uddeshya: Sarv Samaj Baudhik evam Pratibha Samman Samaroh Churu, Smarika, June 2013, by Jat Kirti Sansthan Churu, p.189
- Jat Samaj, Agra, October 1998
Back to Gotras