Dhanda (ढांडा)  Malhan, Mahla, Mohil, Mahil, Mawlia  Gotra Jats are found in Punjab, Haryana, Maharashtra and Rajasthan.  It is one Of Hindu And Sikh Jat Gotras. . Malhan are also found in dera ghazi khan and Ghotki district of Pakistan.They were supporter of Tomar Confederacy.
- 1 History
- 2 तारिम (सीता) नदी के तट पर
- 3 ढांडा गोत्र की महत्वपूर्ण जानकारी
- 4 Distribution in Punjab
- 4.1 Villages in Gurdaspur district
- 4.2 Villages in Jalandhar district
- 4.3 Villages in Ludhiana district
- 4.4 villages in Firozpur district
- 4.5 Villages in Fathegarh sahib district
- 4.6 Villages in Moga district
- 4.7 Villages in Nawashahar district
- 4.8 Villages in Patiala district
- 4.9 Villages in Rupnagar district
- 4.10 Villages in Sangrur district
- 5 Distribution in Haryana
- 5.1 Villages in Karnal district
- 5.2 Villages in Bhiwani district
- 5.3 Villages in Charkhi Dadri district
- 5.4 Villages in Kurukshetra district
- 5.5 Villages in Jind district
- 5.6 Villages in Panipat district
- 5.7 Villages in Yamunanagar district
- 5.8 Villages in Kaithal district
- 5.9 Villages in Hisar district
- 5.10 Villages in Fatehabad district
- 5.11 Villages in Jhajjar District
- 5.12 Villages in Palwal District
- 5.13 Villages in Sirsa district
- 5.14 Villages in Gurgaon district
- 5.15 Villages in Sonipat district
- 6 Villages in Delhi
- 7 Distribution in Rajasthan
- 8 Distribution in Uttar Pardesh
- 9 Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
- 10 Distribution in Pakistan
- 11 Notable persons
- 12 External Links
- 13 References
Dhanda, Malhan, Mawlia, Mahla, Mohil Jats are one of the ancient jats. They exists from Mahabharata period and they belongs to chandervanshi branch.Another fact is that Dhanda, Malhan, Mawaliya, Mahla,Mohil all are same gotra .Regarding this a panchayat was held 70 years ago in which most of villages in haryana agreed to use Dhanda .From the ancient times Dhanda (ढांडा) last name is used by them.Dhanda gotra real ancestral place was central Asia presently Iran from where they migrated to Punjab.They stayed in Punjab till Alexander's invasion.After strong wars against Alexander's army these people made Rajasthan as their permanent home and their they established their ruling area which was known as Mahilwati (माहिलवाटी). As their area name linked with mahil so some of them started using Mahil,Mahla,Mohil as their last name. Due to migrations to other places Pronunciation keeps on changing related with Mahil.But Dhanda remains the same. From Mahilwati they migrated towards Jaipur after that most of these people entered in haryana and Punjab by crossing through sikar,churu and their they established many big villages. They were supporters ofTomar Confederacy. Bhim Singh Dahiya mentions that a couple of Jat tribes are also mentioned in Kasika. While mentioning the six members constituting the Trigarta confederacy, the Kasika identifies two tribes as Kaundoparatha and Dandaki. Their modern descendants are still called by these names and they are the Kundu and Dhanda Jats in India.
तारिम (सीता) नदी के तट पर
ढांडा गोत्र की महत्वपूर्ण जानकारी
Dhanda (ढांडा) गोत्र को ही कुछ क्षेत्रों में विभिन्न नामों से जाना जाता है जैसे:- झज्जर, सिरसा, दिल्ली तथा पश्चिम उत्तर प्रदेश में (मल्हान, मालन, माल्याण)
फतेहाबाद में (मावलिया या मोलिया)
सीकर, चूरु ,हनुमानगढ में (महला) ।
Distribution in Punjab
Villages in Gurdaspur district
Villages in Jalandhar district
Villages in Ludhiana district
villages in Firozpur district
Villages in Fathegarh sahib district
Villages in Moga district
Villages in Nawashahar district
Villages in Patiala district
Malhan village is in Dera bassi tahsil.
Villages in Rupnagar district
Villages in Sangrur district
Distribution in Haryana
Villages in Karnal district
Villages in Bhiwani district
Villages in Charkhi Dadri district
Villages in Kurukshetra district
Villages in Jind district
धनौरी में ढांडा गोत्र के 3500 परिवार हैं। गतौली में ढांडा गोत्र के 800 परिवार है। संगतपुरा में ढांडा गोत्र के 600 परिवार है। खरक में ढांडा गोत्र के 500 परिवार है।
Villages in Panipat district
Villages in Yamunanagar district
Villages in Kaithal district
किठाणा में ढांडा गोत्र के 2500 परिवार है। किठाणा से ही बसे खेड़ी संदल में ढांडा गोत्र के 600 परिवार आबाद है।
Villages in Hisar district
Budana (750), Hasangarh, Hisar, Litani, Mirchpur (3000), Muklan, Neoli Kalan (1200), Parbhuwala, Sandlana (40), Mirzapur Hisar, Kanwari (25), devsar (250), shamsukh, Sheikhpura, Rakhi Khas, Moth, Saharwa, Telanwali Hisar, Siwani Bolan, Jagan, Dhansu, Dabra,
हिसार में ढांडा गोत्र के सभी गांव मिर्चपुर से बसे हुए है। मिर्चपुर में ढांडा गोत्र के 3000 परिवार है। न्योली कलां में 1200 परिवार ढांडा गोत्र के है।
Villages in Fatehabad district
Villages in Jhajjar District
Villages in Palwal District
Villages in Sirsa district
Villages in Gurgaon district
Villages in Sonipat district
Villages in Delhi
Distribution in Rajasthan
Villages in Sikar district
Abhawas, Alafsar, Badalwas, Badhadar, Banthod, Bhainrupura, Bhauji ki Dhani, Bidoli, Bhilunda, Chhota Pana Ki Dhani, Chandpura, Dadia, Dedi Dhani, Deewan Ji Ka Bas, Dhani Berawali, Dinarpura Sikar, Disnau, Dujod, Hamirpura, Jajod, Jankipura Sikar, Jogiyon Ka Bas, Kanwarpura, Karnipura, Khud, Kochhor, Ladpur Nangal, Srimadhopur, Karanpura, Kerpura, Khinwasar, Khudi Bari, Palsana, Pura ki Dhani, Rasoolpur, Sukhpura, Theekaria, Sadinpura, Shivsinghpura, Srimadhopur, Swarupnagar, Swarupsar, Tidwa, Udansar, Ringus,
Villages in Jhunjhunu district
Ajari Kalan, Angasar, Ardawata, Badalwas, Bajawa, Bhadunda Khurd, Bhapar, Bhatiwar, Bhorki, Bhurasar ka Bas, Bugala, Chirasan, Godoo Ka Bas, Hansasari, Jalimpura, Kari, khajpur Naya, Kodesar, Lalpur, Loyal, Mahla Ki Dhani, Gudha Gorji, Nar Singhani, Posana, Seethal, Seja Ki Dhani, Shobha Ka Bas , Shri Amarpura, Sonasar, Tamkor, Warispura Bara,
villages in Churu district
Villages in Alwar district
Villages in Jaipur district
Villages in Hanumangarh district
Villages in Tonk district
Villages in Nagaur district
Villages in Ajmer district
Distribution in Uttar Pardesh
Villages in Agra district
Villages in Aligarh district
Villages in Bulandshahr district
Villages in Meerut district
Villages in Mathura district
Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
Villages in Raisen district
Distribution in Pakistan
- Choudhary Ved Pal Dhanda Former Deputy Speaker HARYANA
- Hon. Cap (Risaldar) Jai Lal Malhan : Victoria cross award
- Kamlesh Dhanda: Politician
- Yan Dhanda:English footballer
- Parmjit Dhanda: english Politician
- Amarjeet Dhanda:MLA from Julana
- Kuldeep Dhanda :Indian boxer
- Sunita Malhan : Rani Laxmi Bai award winner.
- Rajendra Singh Malhan : ADM, Agra.
- Dr. Anar Singh Malhan : Rajasthan state chairman of national human rights organization.
- Prem Chandra Dhanda : Padma Bhushan - 1962, Punjab, Medicine. 
- Nar Singh Dhanda - Ex Minister from Khedi Sandal (खेड़ी संदल) village in Kaithal of Haryana.
- Justice Pritam Pal - retired judge of the Punjab and Haryana High Court and presently Lokayukta of Haryana.
- Sant Tarachand - (1925-1997) (संत ताराचंद), Gotra Dhanda from village Dinod District Bhiwani, Haryana.
- Sukhda Pritam - Judicial Magistrate First Class. Daughter of Justice Pritam Pal
- Pooja Dhanda - Silver medalist in Commanwealth.
- Sant Ram - Retired deputy collector.
- Mahipal Dhanda - MLA from Panipat Rural constituency, Haryana.
- Ajai Pal Pritam - Advocate Supreme Court of India, son of Justice Pritam Pal.
- Aman Pal - Advocate Punjab and Haryana High Court, son of Justice Pritam Pal.
- Smt. Premlata Singh - MLA from Uchana Kalan
- Late Colonel Amar Singh Dhanda - Was an army officer from Kawi village, tah: Madlauda, dist: Panipat, Haryana.
- comrade Trilok Singh - Communist MLA sikar district Rajesthan.
- Ramswarup Singh Mahla - From Alwar is a social worker.
- Surinder Singh Barwala - Politician in Haryana.
- Kuldeep Singh Dhanda - Khap President.
- Kunwar Singh Mahla - From Sawarupsar, Sikar.
- Khadag Singh Mahla - Freedom fighter in shekhawati farmers movement.
- Dool Singh Mahla - Proffesor in Pilani college.
- Baksha Ram Mawaliya - Founder of Jat Bazar, Sikar.
- Squadron Leader L Malhan (Jhajjar) - Indian Air force
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. ध-22
- History and study of the Jats/Chapter 10
- B S Dahiya:Jats the Ancient Rulers (A clan study), p.238, s.n.60
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. ध-13
- O.S.Tugania:Jat Samuday ke Pramukh Adhar Bindu,p.45,s.n. 1291
- Ashok Dingar & A.B. Sumrao, “Maharashtra mein Jaton ki Biradari” – Jat Veer Smarika 1987-88, Jat Samaj Kalyan Parishad Gwalior. pp. 65,66,67
- Jat History Thakur Deshraj/Chapter VIII,s.n. 150,p-585
- Jats the Ancient Rulers (A clan study), p.73
- शवेतवक्त्रः सुवक्त्रश च चारु वक्त्रश च पाण्डुरः। दण्डबाहुः सुबाहुश च रजः कॊकिलकस तदा ।Mahabharata (9.44.68)
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Chapter IV,p.352
- Ministry Of Home Affairs (Public Section), Padma Awards Directory (1954-2013), Year-Wise List
Back to Jat Gotras