Aulakh (ओलख) Aulukya (औलुक्य) Olak (ओलक)/ Aulak (औलक)/Aulik(औलिक) Olakh (ओलख/औलाख) Ola (ओला) Ola (ओळा) Aula (औला) Olania (ओळाणिया) Aulakh (ओळख) Aurak (औरक) is a gotra of Jats found in Rajasthan, Punjab, Haryana, Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh. They live in Pakistan.
- 1 Origin
- 2 Villages founded by Ola clan
- 3 History
- 4 H.A. Rose on Aulakh
- 5 औलक गोत्र का इतिहास
- 6 Distributions in Madhya Pradesh
- 7 Distributions in Uttar Pradesh
- 8 Distribution in Rajasthan
- 8.1 Locations in Jaipur city
- 8.2 Villages in Jaipur district
- 8.3 Villages in Sikar district
- 8.4 Villages in Hanumangarh district
- 8.5 Villages in Ganganagar district
- 8.6 Villages in Jhunjhunu district
- 8.7 Villages in Alwar district
- 8.8 Villages in Nagaur district
- 8.9 Villages in Tonk district
- 8.10 Villages in Bikaner district
- 8.11 Villages in Churu district
- 9 Distribution in Haryana
- 10 Distribution in Punjab
- 11 Distribution in Pakistan
- 12 Notable persons from this gotra
- 13 Gallery of people of Aulakh/Ola gotra
- 14 References
- 15 Further reading
Villages founded by Ola clan
- Olagarh (ओलागढ़) - village in Laxmangarh tahsil, Sikar district in Rajasthan.
- Ola Ki Dhani (ओला की ढाणी) - village in Sikar tehsil of Sikar district in Rajasthan.
Ulūka (उलूक), Son of Kitava, was king of a country and people of the same name in Mahabharata. He was an ally of the Kauravas, and acted as their envoy to the Pandavas. He has been mentioned in various Parvas of Mahabharata.
They are Nagavanshi or Chandravanshi kshatriyas. Ayu was a chandravanshi Samrat in whose nineth generation was born Alarva. Alarva had two sons namely Kaiyan and Nagas. Descendents of Nagas were called Nagavanshi. Nagavansh had eight branches: 1. Vasati or Vais 2. Taxak 3. Aulakh 4. Kalkal 5. Kala, Kali, Dhaman, Kalkhande 6. Meetha 7. Bharshiv 8. Bharaich.
In Dwapar Yuga one descendent of Nagavansh was Ulukh who ruled in state of Ulukh. The arrival of King Ulukh into the Sabha of Yudhishthira has been mentioned in Sabhaparva of Mahabharat. The inhabitants of Ulukh state and the descendants of Raja Ulukh were known as Aulakh or Aula or Ola.
Ola in Tamil language
Word Ola is found in Tamil language. In Manimekhalai, one of the most ancient pieces of literature of the the Tamils, there is mention of word Ola. The waves of the sea were known to the tamils as Ola.
In Central Asia
We find mention of Ola in Central Asia in the form of a mountain. The Tannu-Ola mountains (Tuvan: Таңды-Уула Tangdy-Uula mountains) is a mountain range in southern Siberia, in the Tuva Republic of Russia. It extends in an east-west direction and curves along the Mongolian border. Its highest peaks reaches 2,930 m.
H.A. Rose on Aulakh
H.A. Rose gives following account of Aulakh: Aulakh (ओळख), Aurak (औरक), a Jat tribe, whose head-quarters would appear to be in the Amritsar district, where they own a barah of, originally, 12 villages, but they are found in the northern Malwa, as well as in the Manjha. They are said to be of Solar descent, and their ancestor Aulakh lived in the Manjha. But another story makes their ancestor one Raja Lui Lak (राजा लूई लाक ), a Lunar race. They are related to the Sekhu and Deo tribes with whom they will not intermarry.
In Amritsar they give the following pedigree :-—
This would make them akin to the Punnun. They are also found as a Jat (agricultural) tribe west of the Ravi as far as Leiah. In Montgomery they are both Hindu and Muhammadan. The Muhammadan Aulakh of Leiah have a curious tale. Complaint was made to Humayun that Pir Muhammad Rajan drank bhang, in defiance of the Quranic prohibition. So the emperor summoned the saint to Delhi and made him walk along a narrow path beset with poisoned swords, while a ferocious elephant pursued him. But as he walked the steel turned to water and one of his disciples killed the elephant with a single blow of his staff. Among the courtiers was Raja Aulakh, a Punwar Jat , who at once embraced Islam. The saint returned to Rajanpur, and Aulakh followed him, conquered the country from the Balun tribe and gave it to the Pirs, on whom the emperor also conferred it in jagir, though the Aulakh continued to administer it until about 175 years ago, when their power declined.
औलक गोत्र का इतिहास
औलक जाटवंश नागवंश की शाखा है। द्वापर युग में उलूक नामक जनपद का शासक इस वंश का उलूक राजा था। सभापर्व 27-11 तथा 27-58 महाभारत के इन श्लोकों से उलूक नरेश का महाराज युधिष्ठिर की सभा में आना प्रमाणित होता है। उलूक देशवासियों की ‘औलिक’ नाम से प्रसिद्धि हुई। परम्परागत श्रुति और विद्वानों ने इनकी गणना नागवंश में की है। पंजाब ही इनकी बहुलता का स्थान है। यहां इन लोगों की जनसंख्या 1941 ई० में इस प्रकार थी – लाहौर 1251, सियालकोट 332, गुजरांवाला 561, अमृतसर 6582, गुरदासपुर 1028, मलेरकोटला 669, लुधियाना 792, फिरोजपुर 1540, पटियाला 2742, नाभा 1100, इस वंश के सभी जाट सिक्ख थे। अब ये सब पंजाब में हैं। हिन्दू जाटों को औलक या औरे भी कहा जाता है। यू० पी० में भी ये लोग बसे हैं। जि० अम्बाला में भी इस जाटवंश के कई गांव हैं।
Distributions in Madhya Pradesh
Villages in Gwalior district
Distributions in Uttar Pradesh
Villages in Ghaziabad district
Villages in J P Nagar district
Distribution in Rajasthan
In Rajasthan the clan is spelled as Ola
Locations in Jaipur city
Villages in Jaipur district
Villages in Sikar district
Basdi, Chaindas Ki Dhani, Dinarpura Sikar (7), Katrathal, Kudli, Madhopura, Netarwas, Olagarh, Ola Ki Dhani, Ola ki Dhani (Sangalia), Piprali, Punyana (1), Puranabas, Rulyani (100), Sawaipura, Sewa, Shyampura West, Sihot Chhoti, Sikar,
Villages in Hanumangarh district
Villages in Ganganagar district
Villages in Jhunjhunu district
Villages in Alwar district
Villages in Nagaur district
Villages in Tonk district
Villages in Bikaner district
Olania Jats live in:
Ola Jats live in:
Villages in Churu district
Distribution in Haryana
Villages in Bhiwani district
Villages in Fatehabad district
Villages in Sirsa district
Distribution in Punjab
Villages in Amritsar
- Kotli Aulakh,
- Bhindi Aulakh Kalan,
- Bhindi Aulakh Khurd,
- Ugar Aulakh,
- Chawinda Khurd ,
- Chawinda Kalan,
In Amritsar the population of Aulak Jats is 17,841. It is mostly to be found in the area around the town of Ajnala and around the village of Shabazpur in Tarn Taran sub-district where the clan owns a cluster of 9 villages. 
Villages in Ludhiana
Villages in Gurdaspur
Villages in Firozpur
Villages in Faridkot district
Villages in Jalandhar district
Villages in Mansa district
Villages in Muktsar district
Villages in Rupnagar district
Distribution in Pakistan
Aulakh is One of the largest Jat clans found in the Punjab. Muslim Aulakh were found mainly in Sialkot, Gujranwala, Lahore, Amritsar, Gurdaspur, Jalandhar and Ludhiana district. The Aulakh also are an important Saraiki-speaking Jat clan in Layyah District. like other Muslim Jats of East Punjab, they moved to Pakistan after partition in 1947.
Notable persons from this gotra
- Arjan Singh Aulakh
- Ripudaman Singh Aulakh
- Devi Singh Ola (born:1896) (देवीसिंह ओला अरड़ावता) from Ardawata, Chirawa, Jhunjhunu, was a social worker and Freedom fighter who took part in Shekhawati farmers movement in Rajasthan. 
- Shis Ram Ola (30.7.1927 - 15.12.2013) - Ex. Union Minister, Presently Congress MP from Jhunjhunu & Deputy Leader of Loksabha (2009)
- Bharat Ola
- Jagdeep Singh (Aulakh) - He is nephew of dronacharya Ripudaman Singh Aulakh and now he is playing in Indian basketball team. His early training gave by him.
- K.S. Aulakh - IFS Punjab, 1969 batch
- M.K.Ola - RPS , Rajasthan
- Ali Ahmad Aulakh - Present Agriculture Minister, Punjab Pakistan
- Dr. Anish Arya (Ola) - Doctor S.M. Arya Memo.Dental Care, Sikar Date of Birth : 4-January-1978, VPO- Kurly, Dist.- Sikar (Raj.), Present Address : Sambal College of Education, Nawalgarh road, Shivsinghpura, Sikar (Raj.), Phone Number : 01572-249444, Mobile Number : 9414223690, Email: email@example.com
- Narendra Ola - Major Narendra Ola has been awarded with Sena Padak (Gallantry Award) on 26 January 2012 for his excellent services provided in the terror effected North-East areas.
- Brijendra Singh Ola - elected in Rajathan Assembly as Congress MLA-2013 from Jhunjhunu.
- Mahesh Ola - RAS (2012) Rank 28, from Rampur Bansur (Alwar) 
- Mewa Ram Ola - IAS-2014, Rank-1040. 
- Meva Ram Ola (Dr): IRPS 2015. IRS (C&CE) 2016, From Jaipur. M: 9015454301
- Rakesh Ola: IPS 2012 batch, ASP Ahmadnagar, Maharashtra, Former RJS, M: 9689554433
- Suresh Ola: IAS 2013 batch, Rajasthan] Cadre, Assist. Collector, Udaipur, M: 9636672052, 7060730965
Gallery of people of Aulakh/Ola gotra
- Thakur Deshraj: Jat Itihas (Hindi), Maharaja Suraj Mal Smarak Shiksha Sansthan, Delhi, 1934.
- Jat Samaj, Agra - October 1992
- Capt. Dilip Singh Ahalawat: Jat Viron ka Itihas (Hindi)
Back to Jat Gotras